Chapter 17 - Susan + Sam + Lucas

Authors Note: Sorry I haven't uploaded but I just want to say I like this chapter but I really don't know why....I just do.

Thanks for reading :)

Chapter 17 – Susan’s P.O.V

I was sat on a stool staring at my reflection in the huge, golden mirror. I had covered my face with makeup and had put on a black laced underwear set.

I couldn’t believe I was going to have to sleep with Zalagon.

“Hurry up!” yelled Zalagon from the room behind me.

I gulped and stood up. This was it.

Sam’s P.O.V

It was night time and once again the soldiers were asleep while I was tied to a tree. Tonight was the night Lucas and I had decided to escape.  We couldn’t wait any longer. I needed to find Susan and know that she was okay. My heart couldn’t take anymore.

I heard a rustling come from Lucas’s tent and his face peered through the door. This could either go perfectly or we would get caught and both punished. I was hoping for the first outcome.

Lucas tiptoed over to me and untied my hands. “You ready?” he whispered.

I didn’t want to make any noise so I simply nodded and walked over to his tent. I grabbed a bag of supplies and threw it over my soldier. Lucas did the same and we both turned to look at each other.

Lucas’s P.O.V

“Let’s go” I whispered.

Sam turned and slowly walked around the campfire and past one of the tents. Once he was past I gently followed his footsteps.

I reached him and we both smiled. We had made it.

We started walking east and waited for several minutes before we started talking to each other. We wanted to definitely make sure the soldiers wouldn’t hear us. It would be terrible to escape and then wake them up from a distance.

Once we were far enough Sam turned his head and looked at me. “Are we going to Zalagon first, or Susan?” he asked.

“I think it’s best to go to Zalagon because you won’t want to hear this, but there’s a big chance Susan will be there” I said, truthfully.

Sam nodded and a tear escaped his left eye. I pretended I didn’t notice and we carried on walking. After a few minutes it was starting to get colder and it was most likely going to rain.

“Maybe we should stop and sleep” I said.

“No” replied Sam.

“We need to sleep, Sam” I stated.

“I’m not stopping.”

I sighed. “We’ll find her, but we won’t be strong enough to fight Zalagon if we don’t rest.”

“We can’t rest tonight. The other soldiers are heading this way and they might catch up to us.”

I wasn’t going to argue with him so I carried on walking. I had a feeling he wouldn’t stop until he found Susan and we couldn’t be sure that we’d ever find her.

Susan’s P.O.V

I pulled the door open and walked into the bedroom. Zalagon was leaning against the wall across the room.

“I would be angry that you took so long, but I can see that it was worth the wait. You look beautiful.”

He started to walk over to me and I tilted my head to the floor. He reached me and one of his hands took hold of my hand and the other secured itself around my jaw. He pulled my face to look at him. I could feel his breath on my face and I shut my eyes with disgust.

“Look at me” he whispered.

I kept my eyes shut tight. “Why do you do this to people?” I asked.

He sighed and released me. I opened my eyes to see him sitting on the bed with his head in his hands.

“Don’t ask me stuff like that!” he shouted.

I could feel myself shaking and I felt as though I would cry.

“You should just be happy I chose you and I didn’t give you to one of my men. They don’t treat girls right but I will treat you like a princess.” He looked up and his eyes met mine. “You’re my queen.”

He stood up and ran over to me. He pushed me against the wall. His eyes were looking deep into mine. He went to kiss me and I turned my head to the side. He missed my mouth and hit my neck.

He laughed. “I like to play games” he growled. He continued to kiss my neck and I gritted my teeth, wanting it to be over as soon as possible. His hands glued themselves to my waist and he moved his head from my neck down to my chest.

There was a bang on the door. “Sir” yelled a deep voice. “We have a troop who have returned with a large amount of women.”

“Ugh” groaned Zalagon. He turned my face to look at him. “I guess this will have to wait until later. I’ll send some of my maids in to keep you company.”

He stomped over to the door and yanked it open. “Stay gorgeous” he winked.

I giggled from nerves. He slammed the door and I fell to the floor. I couldn’t breathe properly and my heart felt as though it had been shot. I was so relieved that he had to leave. It gave Sam that little bit more time to come and rescue me. 

© 2012 by purple13. All rights reserved.