Chapter 19 - Susan + Lucas

Chapter 19 – Susan’s P.O.V

I stood up; the duvet still wrapped around me, and walked over to Zalagon. I reached him and he closed the door so no one could see us. It was actually going to happen this time. He secured his arms around me and squeezed me tight. I needed to do something to buy time.

“Wait” I whispered.

“What?” he moaned.

“I need the toilet” I said, it was the first thing that came into my head.

Zalagon laughed. “Hurry up then” he winked. He had the worst mood changes ever. He released me and I slowly walked into the bathroom. “I said hurry” he complained. I nodded and walked a little faster, best not to get him angry again.

I entered the bathroom and locked the door behind me. Could I hide in here until Sam came? Probably not, Zalagon would most likely beat the door down and then he really would be angry. I walked over to the mirror. My makeup was smeared over my whole face. I picked up a towel and wiped the mascara off my cheek. I then redid my makeup.

“What are you doing?” yelled Zalagon from the other room.

“I’m just sorting my makeup out. I want to look my best for you” I lied.

“Oh, well okay then.”

Now I actually needed to go to the toilet. I walked over to the toilet and sat down. I felt sick. I looked down the toilet. No blood. My period was due. I was extremely late. It’s nothing, right? People are late all the time. It doesn’t mean anything. Does it?

There was a bang on the door. “Get a move on!” roared Zalagon.

I hurried up and opened the door. I couldn’t put it off any longer. It was now time for me to be raped. I felt like bursting into tears. Was I carrying a baby? I felt dizzy. My knees suddenly felt weak and the room was spinning around me. I could see a blur of Zalagon in front of me. My heart started thumping faster and my legs caved from underneath me. My face smashed against the floor. My whole vision was a blur.

I felt a trickle of blood run from my nose and my whole head was pounding from the impact of my face smashing against the floor. I felt a hand grab my back and lift me. My feet were too weak to stand and Zalagon carried me to the bed. He was talking to me but all I could hear was humming.  

“Sam” I groaned, quietly. He was all I wanted right then. He was the only one that could soothe me and make me feel better.

Lucas’s P.O.V

Sam and I were both resting. I hoped I had made the right decision by stopping. If we didn’t stop we wouldn’t have been strong enough to fight Zalagon and rescue Susan. We would end up both getting killed. I tried to do the best thing for everyone.

I pulled two blankets out of my rucksack and held one out to Sam sitting next to me. “Are you kidding?” moaned Sam. “How am I supposed to take it from you?” he asked.

“Oh, I’m sorry” I mumbled, forgetting I had handcuffed him. I rested the blanket on his lap and wrapped it around him.

He sighed and laid down. I could tell he was fuming with me. I liked Sam. He reminded me of myself. I saw his expressions and reactions and saw myself in him and I knew that if I was him, I would want to keep going and I would hope that I had someone like me to stop me and tell me that I needed rest.

I wrapped myself in the other blanket and laid my head on my rucksack. I could already hear Sam snoring. He was exhausted and so was I. I slowly shut my eyes and fell asleep.