Chapter 20 - Lucas + Susan

Chapter 20 – Lucas’s P.O.V

I woke up and opened my eyes. The sun blinded me and I turned where Sam was lying next to me. He was looking up at the sky and crying.

“Can you take these handcuffs off now?” he asked. “We need to hurry.”

“Sure” I said while rummaging through my pocket to find the key. I found it and clicked open the handcuffs and put them back in my rucksack.

Sam wiped away his tears and stood up. He grabbed his rucksack and started walking. I quickly put everything in my rucksack and ran after him.

“I’m nervous” I admitted.

Sam looked at me. “Me too” he whispered.

I wasn’t sure what was going to happen when we got there. Zalagon has hundreds of troops, there are just two of us. What chance did we have?

Hours pasted and we both knew it was a matter of time before we saw Zalagon’s base. I pulled my water bottle out of my bag and took a mouthful. The refreshing liquid gently slid down my throat and into my stomach.

I looked ahead and in the distance I saw a wide building, Zalagon’s base.

“Almost there” smiled Sam. It was the happiest I’d seen him.

I smiled and tried to get myself pumped and ready.

We carried on walking and soon we were standing outside the buildings gates. Waiting. I looked through the metal bars where two guards stood.

“It’s time” whispered Sam.

“Good luck” I whispered.

“Good luck” he replied.

The soldiers walked up to the gates and peered at me. “And you are?” groaned one.

“Two soldiers” I replied. “We’re here to see Zalagon. We need our next location to search.”

One solider unlocked the gate and Sam and I entered our battleground.

Susan’s P.O.V

I woke up to find the room pitch black. I stood up and realised I was still naked so I found the light switch and flicked it on. The room glowed and I walked over to a draw and pulled out some underwear and clothes. My body ached and I looked down. I was completely covered in bruises. I got dressed and looked at the clock hanging on the wall. It read 01:19pm. Zalagon was nowhere to be seen but I was sure he’d be back soon.

I walked over to a mirror on the wall and stared at my reflection. My face was covered with patches of red and purple. He’d really hurt me. I felt my eye. It was swollen and I could feel my heartbeat in it.

I suddenly remembered what else had happened last night. I was pregnant.

There was a knock on the door. Oh God, please not Zalagon again. I couldn’t take it. The door creaked open and in stared Eisha.

“Wow, I’m glad to see you” I sighed, letting out a deep breath.

“Miss” she said as she came in and shut the door behind her. “The master told me to give you this.” She walked over to me and dropped a pregnancy test in my hand.

“Zalagon got this for me?” I asked, confused.

“Yes, mam. He said he wants to check.”

I was slightly relieved. This way I would know for sure. “Thank you” I said. “Was that all?”

“Yes miss” she nodded. Eisha tiptoed back to the door and pressed her ear against it. “I think the master is coming back” she mumbled. She opened the door and peered out.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“The master is talking to a servant. Two soldiers have arrived, wanting to know their next location.”

My heart pounded in my chest. Was it Sam? Was it the two soldiers who escaped? I needed to know, but I also needed to know if I was pregnant.

I walked to the bathroom and shut the door behind me.

I was sat on the toilet holding the pregnancy test in my hands. I closed my eyes and waited. I hoped I was pregnant and I hoped Sam was here to rescue me. I opened my eyes and stared at the symbol in front of me.

It was positive. I was pregnant, for sure.

© 2012 purple13. All rights reserved.