tight swim shorts

Sam

He invited me to his swim meet.
He asked me to go watch him freaking swim. And before that I sort of agreed to take swim lessons from him? What am I doing?

"Dude. Are you serious? That's basically a whole booty call!" Michael sits up from my bed, his eyes widen. I just stare back at him in confusion. "He wants you, dumbass!"

They're being ridiculous. God I never should have told them.

"Sam, are you listening to us?" Dara prods, taking my head in her hands and turning me to face her. "Samuel!"

"Guys," I sigh. "I don't think it's like that at all." I pull my head away from Dara's grip. "He's just trying to be friendly and I just need to figure out how to not act like a complete idiot around him."

"Okay. Fine, fine." Michael stands up. "But you're not giving up on this shit. We will find you a gay lover!"

"Jesus Christ Michael just help me figure out what to wear."

———————————————

I tell myself to breathe in and out slowly. If I don't get ahold of my breath I will break out into a full on anxiety attack. That's how freaking nervous I am.

I'm supposed to go over to the Stormbrooke's house in five minutes. I've been sitting on my couch waiting in my light wash jeans and dark blue shirt that Dara and Michael picked for me the other day. I also conditioned my hair twice last night.

"Sam, are you sure you're good?" My mom is sitting on the chair across from me. She's obviously noticing my weird behavior.

"Yeah. Yes. I should probably get going," I swallow.

"Okay, well have fun with your new friend," my mom smirks at me and literally wiggles her eyebrows. What the hell.

I choose to ignore my mom's assumptions and head out the door. I'll deal with her later.

I'm practically shaking as I make my way out the door and over to Leo's. It takes me a moment to get myself to knock on the door once I get to the porch.

When I do, the door immediately opens. Timmy is standing before me, a big dimply grin on his little face. He and Leo have the same dimples.

"Sam! I was waiting forw you I'm so excited to go see Leo swim and you get to sit beside me and we will cheerw forw him and stuff and he will win maybe." Timmy is literally jumping up and down in excitement.

"Sounds like fun, Timmy. I'm excited too!" I find myself anxious even when talking to Timmy. God, I need to chill out.

Mrs. Stormbrooke appears behind Timmy. "Hi honey," she greets me. "We're just about ready to leave, just waiting for Leo. Come on in."

I step through the door and I already recognize their smell. Is that weird? You know how every house has like...a particular smell? A family always has their own scent. Sounds a bit weird, but I have to say theirs is comforting.

Timmy takes me over to the couch, and I try to listen as he chats away about some movie he watched. The other kids are constantly running in and out, and I gave up trying to keep track of them. I really don't know how Mrs. Stormbrooke does that.