His family

Sam

"Holy shit, Sam. I can't get over how hot he is!"

"Jesus, Dara!" Michael says, rolling his eyes. Dara leans over and kisses him on the cheek.

   "Dara I'm really scared he's gonna see you can we please close the freaking curtains? Please?" I plead. After I gave in and told these two about everything that happened with Leo last weekend, they've been obsessing over him. It's at the point where Dara and I are literally watching Leo doing his swim training everyday. Because my bedroom window just happens to have a great view of the Stormbrooke's pool. However, this needs to stop.  Dara and Michael are getting me too giddy about Leo when it is obviously not appropriate.

   "Oh come on, Sammy boy. We all know you'd still be doing this if I weren't here," Dara smirks. And she's right. I'd probably still be acting like a creep and ogling Leo through my damn window.

    After Dara and Michael left my house, my mom knocks on my door to let me know dinner is ready. Lately my mom has been livelier- being at home has felt better. I can't pinpoint why, but the fact she made dinner proves there's been some sort of shift.

   I join my mom to eat on our couch in the living room. Say Yes To The Dress is on TV right now, and it's getting serious. I mean, this show is an emotional rollercoaster.  I haven't hung out with my mom like this in a really long time...it feels really good. I feel really good.

   "I just don't understand how that woman can look at that dress and think it's pretty," my mom scoffs and shakes her head.

   "Mom," I laugh. "You have to give her a break, I mean not everyone has the same taste. It looks good on her."

   "Okay, yeah she looks good, but the dress looks like a pastry," my mom sighs. "It's ridiculous."

    I can't help but laugh at how much emotional energy my mom puts into watching this show.

   When the commercial break begins, my mom puts down her plate and gives me an odd look.

   "What?" I shift in my seat.

   "I was just gonna ask about how it's going with Leo," my mother casually replies.

   "What do you mean?" My cheeks go red at the mention of his name.

   "You seem to like him. You don't usually spend time with anyone other than Dara and Michael," my mom shrugs.

   Oh dear god. I can't do this.

   "Mom. I'm trying so hard not to crush on him, please don't mention him again," I cover my face with my hands.

   "Honey, you are a tomato. I think it's a little too late," she smirks.

   My head whips to the side when there is a sudden knock at the door. I look at my mom, hoping she will open it. I don't want to leave the comfortable cocoon I've made out of my blankets.

   And because the universe is completely against me, my mom walks over and I hear her open the door, followed by the sound of none other than Leo Stormbrooke's voice.

My heart is jumping around my body.

I can't tell what he's saying. But I can tell he's about to walk into the living room as I'm still wrapped in my cocoon. By the time I realize my situation, Leo is already standing in front of me.

   "Hey," he says with a chuckle.  I just stare at him for a moment. His hair is wet and he's in a crew neck and gym shorts.

   "Hi," I squeak out. I see my mom behind me smiling. She meets my eyes and waves, then leaves the room. Jesus Christ.