Another Party For Sam

Sam

   My heart pounds faster and faster. Why did I agree to this? People are closing in on me and it feels like a thousand people are yelling directly into my ear.

   "Dylan," I call, tapping him on the shoulder.

   "What's up?"

   "I think I'm gonna go upstairs for a minute. Get some fresh air."

   "Okay, are you alright?" He looks concerned. I don't wanna ruin the party for him.

   "Yeah, I just need a break."

   "Okay, text me if you need anything," Dylan says, then turns back around to talk to his buddies.

   I set my beer down on a table and start up the stairs. That shit is not good. I take deep breaths and focus on blocking out the surrounding sounds. When I get up the stairs I look around for the kitchen, then go to the sink for a glass of water.

   There are a good amount of people in the living room now, so I can't go sit in there. I need to find a place to be alone for a bit. I still can't believe I agreed to going out with Dylan and his football friends. I don't know what I expected to happen.

    I turn down a small hallway off the living room. I don't know if I should go into a room so I just sit down in the hallway. After a minute I decide to say fuck it, and I walk towards the room beside me. The door is cracked open, so it's not like I'm not allowed to be in there, right? Oh who am I kidding, this is a frat house no one gives a fuck.

   I turn through the doorway and my heart drops at the sight in front of me. There's two people about to fuck and I just walked in on them.

  I don't have time to escape before the girl sees me. "What the hell?" she shrieks.

   "I'm so sorry I...," I stammer, backing out of the room.

  I lean against the wall and rub my hands down my face, "fuck."  Why am I like this?

  I don't know why, but I start to cry. Everything is so overwhelming right now. The only friend I have is Dylan, but I don't have much in common with him. I don't how my mom is doing in rehab. I feel lost. I want my brother. Or my Dad. I just want the family I once had. And I want Leo.