SWEET DREAMS

Sam

I am so depressed. And Dylan knows it. I told him everything about what happened with Leo. I didn't directly explain my feelings towards him, but I think he gets it.

"Come on, lets do something fun," Dylan whines.

"Like what?"

"I don't know, you should at least get out of bed. You can still do shit without Leo, you know." Dylan looks over at me with the same look my mother would give me when she woke me up in the mornings.

"I know," I say, standing up and throwing a pillow at him.

"The fuck was that for?"

I ignore his question and take a bite out of an apple that I took from the dining hall.

"Wanna go to a party?" Dylan asks, a smirk on his face because he knows exactly what I'm going to say.

"No."

"I'm gonna have to tell you to change that answer," he says, pointing at me.

"You know how parties go for me! Not good!" I need to make this clear to Dylan because he does not seem to understand.

"How about if we go somewhere chill?" he suggests.

"What do you mean by that?" I sigh.

"We can go to the club downtown? It's really fun, everyone goes on Saturdays."

"Ehhh, I don't know about that," I hesitate.

"Please?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here I am, on a Saturday night, standing in between four very large football players waiting to get into a club. I can hear the bass from out here and I already know it's going to be overwhelming in there. When we get to the front, an employee puts a stamp on my hand that says "underage."

"Ready, bud?" one of Dylan's football friends says to me. Somehow they all know I'm having a rough time and they're surprisingly very supportive.

I nod my head and walk into the crowded room. I instantly want to leave, but it's too late. I look around for a quiet place to go, but there's nothing but the bathroom.

"Hey dude, got you a beer," Dylan shouts over the loud music.

   "Thanks," I say and take it from his hand. "How are you getting the alcohol?"

   "Kyler, George, Spencer...they're all twenty-one," he explains, referring to the football friends.

   "Oh."

"Yeah, if you want more just ask me or one of them. It's on me. Dollar beers tonight," he shouts, putting his fist in the air.

   "Oh, are you sure?"

   "Hell yeah! I'm gonna go over," he points to the main large mob of people towards the center of the room. "Let me know if you need anything!" And he disappears into the crowd.