Battlefield

I'm with Derek at the Hale house and we are going through some books to find answers about this Kanima business but I can't really focus cause all I can think about is how my mom knows I'm a werewolf. She hasn't even spoken to me since that night at the police station and I'm worried what if she never speaks to me again? I can't live my life with my mom being mad that I'm a werewolf. She deserved to be told in a better way but she had to find out like this which is really sad and i'm hating myself for this whole thing.

"You decided" Derek says and I turn to see Erica and Boyd "when?"

"Tonight" Erica says

"Everyone's going to be at the game" Boyd chimes in "we figured it was the best time"

"It's not like we want to" Erica says

"What do you want?" Derek asks and walks closer to them

"Since I just turned 16 a month ago, I wouldn't mind getting my license... I can't do that if I'm dead you know" Erica says

"Well I told you there was a price" Derek says

"Yeah but you didn't say it would be like this!" Boyd says

"Yeah but I told you how too survive!" Derek begins to yell "you do it as a pack and your not a pack without an alpha"

He turns around a walks back over to the books

"We know"

"You wanna look for another pack" Derek says "how are you even going to find one?"

"We think we already did" Boyd says

"All of a sudden we heard this howling... It was unbelievable" Erica says

"There must of been a dozen of them?"

"Maybe more" Erica says

"Yeah or maybe only two... Do you know what the Boggiest effect is?" Derek Asks them but their absolutely clueless

"If they modulate their howls, with a rapid shift and tone, two wolfs could probably sound like twenty!" I say and Derek glances at me.

"Look that doesn't matter okay, there's another pack out there, there's gotta be" Erica says "we've made up our minds"

"We lost Derek. It's over. We're leaving" Boyd says

"No you're running and once you start you don't stop. You'll always be running" Derek says and Erica and Boyd leave

"You okay?" I ask him but he doesn't answer "you know I hate when you do that!"

He still doesn't answer, he just picks up a broken piece of mirror, turns around and throws it. I turn my head and see Peter Hale standing there holding it to his neck. I walk closer to Derek and hold his arm.

"I expected a slightly warmer welcome but point taken" Peter says and holds up the piece of mirror "Quite a situation you got yourself in here Derek. I mean I'm out of commission for a few weeks and suddenly there's lizard people, geriatric psycho paths and you're cooking up werewolves out of every self esteemed deprived adolescent in town"

"What do you want?" Derek asks and I can feel him getting tense

"I wanna help" Peter says and starts walking closer "you're my nephew, you're the only relative I have left. You know there's still a lot I can teach you"

Peter smiles and places his hand on Derek's shoulder. Derek looks down at Peters hand on his shoulder. Bad move Peter.

"Sure let's talk" Derek says and throws Peter into the staircase. See I knew it.