The Reaping - Qibli

"No!" Thorn cried. "I will NOT let any SandWings in the Scorpion Den be sent to their death!"

"Then you will have to die." Growled Burn. "This is a wonderful plan, and I will not let it be ruined."

"Never!" Six-Claws shouted. "You can't kill Thorn! She's way too powerful! And she has the entire Scorpion Den under her control, her army is bigger than yours at the moment!"

"Oh, is that so, Six-Claws?" A shiver ran down Qibli's spine. The way she said his name... it was like she knew him personally. 

"And what about your promise? My soldiers know what they're doing. And they know what to do with you when you die."

"What?" Demanded Qibli. "Oh, never you mind." Burn said dismissively. "But Thorn, I don't see you choosing a dragonet to come and fight for honor."

"I WOULD NEVER, YOU EVIL SEAGULL- BRAINED WALNUT! GO STUFF SOME NIGHTLOCK IN IT!" Burn sighed. "All right, Smolder, kill her." Smolder wrapped his hand around Thorn's head and bound her mouth shut. Her poisoned knife stabbed a SandWing trying to bind her wrist, and he crawled back, screaming, but she was still outnumbered. Six-Claws was trying to hit Thorn's attackers away, but soon he'd be down too. And Burn would show no mercy.

What can I do? What would save her? Qibli's heart was pounding intensely. "I'll do it! I'll go to whatever it is!" He shouted. 

"NO!" Thorn hollered. "QIBLI, NO! YOU'LL DIE!" But Smolder was already pulling her into Burn's wagon, and driving away. "So, little child." Burn examined him carefully. "I suppose we'll have to take you."

"What is this?" He asked, trying to sound brave.

"The Hunger Games, Qibli. The Hunger Games." Burn smiled menacingly. "You will fight six others to the death. Winning means fame and fortune... but losing means certain death."

"Well, if those are my only two options, I will DEFINITELY not come willingly."

"Well, I'm afraid you're going whether you like it or not." Burn brought something heavy down on his head, and the world dimmed. The last thing he heard before going unconscious was "Make sure it doesn't kill him." And then he blacked out.