The Opening Ceremonies

I'm skipping to this because I don't know what else I can write in between anyway.

Moon came out, waving, her teardrop marks gleaming, wearing a galaxy tank top. The crowd screamed and chanted her name. "MOON-WATCH-ER! MOON-WATCH-ER!" Her eyes shone with happiness, and she had a big beam on her face. As she retreated into the training center, Winter came out.

Winter wore a sparkling metallic blue jacket, complete with a parka hood. He didn't so much as look at the audience, but most chanted his name anyway. "WIN-TER! WIN-TER! WIN-TER!"

He was followed by Peril, who's blue eyes looked confused as she waved and called out cheers. Her dress seemed to be on fire, and the crowd certainly loved it. "PPPEEEERRRR-IIIILLLL!!!!! PPPPEEEEERRRR-IIILLL!!!!" They were the loudest now. Peril's chariot slid neatly into the building, behind Winter's.

As the next chariot came out, the audience groaned. Peril, Winter, and Moon shoved to get a good view. When Peril won, shoving them both to the ground, their faces were barely an inch apart. "Whew. I'm Moon." Said Moon. "Winter." Greeted Winter. Moon's heart was pounding. I should not be feeling this. Not before we have to kill each other. Winter's mind is thinking the same thing.

Peril poked her head out, and saw a forgettable boy standing on a chariot. (If she remembered correct, his name was Turtle) His green hair was messy, his dark green eyes tired, and his outfit woven (What is weave's past tense?) from seaweed. One person in the audience shouted his name, and the others all turned to glare at whoever it was. Peril heard multiple cries of "ANEMONE!" and "Don't be HIS sponsor!" Poor Turtle. Well, Peril didn't care.

As Turtle joined them, and got in a hushed argument with Winter about his outfit, Qibli drove out. The audience gave a collective gasp, and so did Moon, watching from the door. "He's hot!" She breathed. Qibli was a tanned, brown-haired boy in a dark leather jacket, with intelligent golden eyes. As he entered and jumped off his wagon, Moon's eyes trailed after him.

Meanwhile, Kinkajou was driving out. And she was BEAUTIFUL in every way, Turtle thought. She had happy violet eyes, a big smile, and bubblegum pink hair. She jumped around excitedly and waved to the audience. A few she seemed to recognize, as she called out "GLOOORYYY!!! HI Sunny! OH! TAMARIN! Cheer for me!" Soon the audience was chanting her name even louder than Peril's. "She sure has a lot of sponsors!" Moon whispered to Turtle, giggling.