Training- Private

"Moon!" Moon walked into the training center and straight over to the making shelter, found an alcove to stay in, and worked from there, installing a mini fireplace that trapped the heat, a bed of pine needles, and a hole to bury food in. She showed the Gamemakers: Ruby, Thorn, Glory, Fatespeaker, Tsunami, Deathbringer, Stonemover, Smolder, Snowfall, Hailstorm, and Riptide, who nodded in acknowledgement.

"Winter!" Winter stepped in and picked up a spear. Taking aim, he beckoned over the gamemakers. They all watched in interest as he threw. It hit the ring around the bullseye. He tried again with no luck, and so he bowed and left.

"Peril!" Peril stepped into the room. All right. She exhaled, aimed at one of the practice dummies with her hand, and shot a bolt of fire at it out of her hand. It hit the dummy's head, which crumbled to ashes. All of the gamemakers' eyes widened and they dismissed her.

"Turtle!" Turtle stepped in, unsure of what to do. And then a smile spread across his face. "Do you guys have any swimming challenges?" He was led to a room filled with water, and, without hesitating, dove in. He sped around the room, occasionally holding his breath underwater for a long time. The gamemakers must be impressed by that.

"Qibli!" Qibli confidently walked over to the knives. He flung them one after the other into the bullseye, and then tried and easily hit all the moving targets. This isn't even my weapon. He thought. Wait 'til you see what I can do.

"Kinkajou!" Kinkajou walked over to the target dummy, opened her mouth, tilted her head, and shot a spray of black venom that sizzled on the dummy. The gamemakers watched, impressed by her aim, when suddenly she disappeared. A shimmer in the air was all they could see as she moved, her jacket covering her body, perfectly camouflaged.

Umber stepped in uncomfortably. "Can I have a knife and a spear?" He asked the Gamemakers. "Um, sure." Glory passed him the weapons. He removed the spearhead, a trick he had learned in the war, and put the knife where it had been before, tying it on with rope. He threw it, and it stabbed right through where the bullseye of the target was. He picked up another one, this one without the knife, and threw it at a different target, as hard as he could. It hit the edge and stuck for a second, then fell out. He turned to the Gamemakers. "Please don't give me a high number." He begged them. "Why not?" Ruby asked. "I don't want them to overestimate me."