Training - Public

Moon, Peril, and Kinkajou came into the training room, laughing and chatting. Moon's eyes immediately caught Qibli's, and then traveled to meet Winter, when she flinched back. Winter was glaring at her. "ALL RIGHT, WE HAVE ALL SEVEN OF YOU!" Called the instructor, a woman named Coral. Seven? Moon looked around and noticed a boy with dark skin and dark dark brown hair staring at Qibli. When Qibli also glanced around, the boy looked away, blushing. Oh, so THAT'S how it's going to be. She thought, narrowing her eyes at him. Me vs. you for Qibli. Coral continued "MOON! WINTER! AT THE WEAPONS CLASS! KINKAJOU, TURTLE, AT EDIBLE PLANTS TEST! PERIL, SNARES EDUCATION! QIBLI! UMBER! GO TO FINDING SHELTER CLASS! NOW!" So that was the boy's name, Umber. Moon and Winter walked over to the weapons class.

Winter lifted a spear, and Moon looked at the closet of weapons. She had never used any of them, but she understood how to use them. She picked up a spear as well, and took aim. Then she threw it. It barely got halfway to the target. Moon's heart fell. She tried with a sword next, and ended up sobbing with a slash in her right foot. She finally picked up a bow and nocked an arrow. Drawing back the string was tough, but she managed, and released the arrow. It flew sideways, but very hard! And then, through her excitement, she saw where the arrow was headed. It was going straight for Winter's chest. She looked up in horror, but a second before it killed him, a piece of steel flew by and knocked it out of the air.

Next, she was in edible plants, which she did fine on, managing to get them all right even if it took a few minutes, and Winter failed miserably. She watched Qibli and Umber hitting the bullseye with knives, sometimes releasing three at a time, Kinkajou setting snares without pausing to check or even needing instruction from the teacher, and Peril accidentally knocking over her shelter. Snares education was complicated, tying knots in odd patterns and memorizing where to strategically place the snares themselves. Winter and she both worked together for that one, but after successfully completing three, they sat and watched the others. Their hands touching. Neither Qibli nor Umber were very good at edible plants, and Peril insisted she didn't need weapons. Kinkajou and Turtle at finding shelter were ok, but a few times their roof fell and they had to restart. Finding shelter was all Moon was really good at. It was what she had been doing since she was born, and so she made camouflaged huts with ease, found the best overhangs to spend the night in, and found one secret cave that she just remained in. After that, she was feeling fairly confident.