The Reaping - Kinkajou

"All right! Welcome to The Reaping! Whatever name I call out, the person with that name will come up here and introduce themselves!" Kinkajou bounced nervously. Not me. "And we have... Tamarin! Please come up!"

"Oh no." Kinkajou buried her face in her hands. I can't let this happen. I can't let this happen. Ican'tletthishappennoshe'lldie. "Tamarin!" She called to the blind RainWing. "I want to volunteer!"

The entire tribe went quiet as Kinkajou ran after Tamarin. "No, please please, Tamarin stop I'm going!" 

"But, Kinkajou, I was called, and I have to." Tamarin's face was terrified. "No, I volunteered! I can do it!" Kinkajou couldn't let her emotions show. She had to make everyone think she was confident, and be brave, or else she'd be made fun of.

What am I THINKING? First of all, I'll never live, and second of all, RainWings never volunteer. No matter how I act, I'll be our tribe's only hope at being decent.

Waves of terror washed through her. Her face was confident, but she was shaking so badly and might as well give up. She could hear her heart beating and wondered if the entire RainWing tribe could as well. She had never heard anyone else's heart beating, though, so she was pretty sure it was just her who could hear it. 

"You have venom. You have camouflage. You could just annoy someone to death." She whispered. That was the joke about Kinkajou- she was so annoying that she could annoy anyone to death. "So, who are you?" Asked the announcer, Liana. "I'm Kinkajou. My favourite color is yellow... umm... well, I'm a RainWing." She let out a nervous laugh.

Just a little longer. Then the terror will subside. A few weeks, and you'll either be dead... or you'll be a killer. She told herself. But you'll have saved someone else's life, either way. Tamarin will be safe, either way.

I'm not going to do Umber's Reaping, because I don't really know what to write for it.