The Fights

Moon screamed as Winter attacked. She was shoved to the ground, and leapt back to her feet just before the spear hit where her head had been.

She spun around him and kicked him in the back. Winter stumbled, and she punched at his throat. He dodged and grabbed his spear/dagger.

He slammed the blunt end into her head, and Moon fell. The adrenaline was fading, the fight was slowing, and Moon was losing.

Winter stood over her, his spear raised. Moon felt a shadow of doubt. He wouldn't really kill her, would he? Hadn't she seen... something in his eyes, a strong feeling for her? And she was right, at least for the time being. Winter dropped to his knees next to her.

"Moonwatcher." He said softly. "A NightWing. I'm in love with a NightWing." He looked up to the sky and called, "Hear that, Mother? I don't care what you do. I'm in love with a NightWing!"

Suddenly, a spear fell from the treetops. Moon didn't have time to register what was happening before it hit her in the heart. "I love you too, Winter." She said, choking slightly.

The last thing Moonwatcher heard was Winter's pained scream.

——————————

Qibli heard a cannon shot. Moon. He thought, and he rushed in her direction. He finally got into the clearing, and cried out at what he saw.

Moon WAS dead. And from the crime scene, Winter had killed her.

He was holding a bloody spear, and Moon had no weapons in her dead body. A lot of blood was covering her heart area.

No. No, this couldn't be happening. He loved her, Qibli loved Moon. Whether she had loved him back, it didn't matter now. She was dead.

Qibli drew his knife. Winter stood, and rushed at him. Qibli blocked his strikes and sidestepped. With a smooth movement, he threw his knife at Winter. It hit him true in the head. There was a cannon, and Qibli let out another cry of pain. He grabbed his knife.

"Winter, I did love you. Despite what you did..." His voice trailed off. The games had taken both of the people he loved. He would not follow their rules. Qibli didn't want to win.

He turned his knife around, and without hesitation, he stabbed his own heart.

—————————

Kinkajou returned to the clearing where she had met Moon. She had a bad, BAD feeling.

She had heard two cannon shots, and a third as she entered the clearing. She wailed in pain.

Moon lay there, dead. Winter and Qibli were also dead, a few steps away. She tackled Moon fiercely.

"I love you Moon. As a friend. You taught me so much, and I will not let your death be in vain. I will finish what we started." Kinkajou said. She stood back up and backed to the edge of the clearing. Moon, Winter, and Qibli's bodies were collected by the Capitol.

Kinkajou stumbled towards the smoke.