Ready to kill

"Winter and Qibli are still alive, right?" Moon whispered. Kinkajou nodded. "Oh sure, yeah. They're scary. Did you see Winter's weapon? He's using one of those dagger spear things Umber can make. It's so sharp."

"Oh, gosh. Hey, supporters of the heavens? Please send help." Moon called softly, frowning. "I don't have a weapon."

"You have a Kinkajou," suggested Kinkajou.

"Yeah, I do."

"So how're we gonna do the Peril thing? We gonna sneak up on her and be like, WHAM BAM SHOVE A PINEAPPLE UP HER SNOUT, or what?" Kinkajou asked, giggling.

"If I had a pineapple, I'd rather eat it." Moon admitted.

Kinkajou shrugged. "I suppose you're right. So, what's the plan?"

"Sneak up on her and use your venom," suggested Moon. "Then, if she doesn't die, use you camouflage skills, and teach me how to, so I can distract her."

"I like to call it magical death spit." Kinkajou corrected.

Distantly, from the sky, the pair heard Glory's voice...

"WE ARE NOT CALLING IT MAGICAL DEATH SPIT!"

———————

Peril was done.

She wasn't going to fight anymore. She'd wait for someone to come and accidentally touch her. They would die, not her fault.

Okay, maybe her fault.

There was really no way out of killing, at least in the Hunger Games, right? Even the nice girl, Kinkajou, would have to kill someone.

"OH MY GOSH. I just CAN'T WIN with you guys. I can't kill but I have to kill!" She yelled. Nothing attacked her.

Well then, maybe she could win after all. A parachute dropped from the sky, and she tore it open. Inside was a hopefully fireproof letter.

She grabbed it. No burning. She relaxed and opened it.

I'm cheering for you.
~Clay

——————————

Winter had to make it quick. Qibli was probably watching him, and Qibli couldn't know about this.

Winter's feelings had escalated since the Opening Ceremonies. Any more and he wouldn't be able to let Moon go. He would have to lose.

He had to kill Moon. Before Qibli found out.

But could he?

He was good with a spear. He was no good at throwing it, but he could absolutely fight.

Attack on three, two, one...

Winter charged at an unsuspecting Moonwatcher, spear raised, ready to kill.