Into the Arena

Moon stared nervously at the other 6 people in the arena. It felt weird, but she couldn't really do anything anymore. She was paralyzed with fear and knew all she could do was run. what good could running do?

It could put off her death a little longer, that's what. That was always better.

"3. 2. 1. Go."

She didn't try to get the cornucopia.

She ran. Sprinted through the forest. She heard a scream and wondered what had happened. Who was dead.

She found a tall tree, and smiled. She dug straight down at the roots of the tree, and instincts took over. She dug and covered and insulated and discovered until she had a base. It wasn't camouflaged very well, but well enough to keep her safe. She would never have the heart to kill an animal, but she had found a supply of berries she recognized, and she would look for water tomorrow.

----------------------

Very close by, Kinkajou had also found a base. There was a big waterfall, tons of berries, and Kinkajou had been delighted to find somewhere to live for the time being.

There was a small cave behind the waterfall.

It had a berry bush in it, and Kinkajou loved that. Fresh water, a bonus. A weaved, camouflaged hammock that she had the skill to make hung from the top. She was sure nobody would notice.

She had made sure it held her weight. She was fairly small and light, and not sad about that. Kinkajou was faster that way.

She didn't think she'd be able to kill an animal, but she now knew she was capable of worse things.

I shot Umber with my venom. My POSSIBLY DEADLY venom. I might have killed Umber.

---------------------------

Qibli needed resources. He didn't know the unreliable plants of the rainforest, and he didn't have weapons. All he was worried about was Peril.

He could take down Winter easily. Just a punch to the face and kick to the shins and he'd be done. He seemed to have a strong punch, but Qibli had experienced worse.

He'd lived with Sirocco and Rattlesnake.

But Peril was more dangerous than anyone. She was completely fireproof, and anyone who touched her would be instantly burned. He couldn't tangle with her.

Luckily for him, she had run.

"Go." The arena announced. He ran for the supplies. He grabbed a few knives and a few backpacks, and then a water bottle full of what was obviously water. Winter was grabbing a few things near him.

Suddenly, the two of them crashed into each other. Qibli registered the fear in his threat's eyes, and made a split second decision. Winter was reliable.

"Alliance?"

--------------------

Umber had barely stepped off his pedestal when he felt an agonizing pain in his left shoulder. All he could do was get into the trees a tiny bit when he began to scream and writhe on the ground. Who had done that?

Was Qibli alright?

He's fine, and you should have killed him. You need to kill him.

The pain was fading. There was no noise, and he could stand and walk. He stumbled back to the cornucopia, and saw nobody. He cautiously made his way to a knife. He grabbed a heavy backpack and put it on quickly, ready to run.

That was when he saw Winter.

It was Winter's life or his, and he wasn't ready to die. He threw the knife. He ALWAYS hit his target.

He missed.

And a scream was the last thing anyone heard out of Umber.

But the last thing he said, coughing, with a dagger impaled in his gut, was, "I love you Qibli."