Peril is perilous

Qibli didn't know what to do. Winter was away, but Qibli had followed him the day before. While he claimed he was getting water, which he kind of was, he was also stalking Moon.

That was how Qibli knew Moon had an ally. But it was just Kinkajou. Not anything he couldn't take.

Then he heard a scream.

"What was that!?!" He cried out loud, then clapped his talons over his mouth. He couldn't yell out in the arena.

Just then, Winter returned. He looked nervous, but Qibli liked seeing him like that, so he didn't say anything. It comforted him to know that Winter could be scared.

"Avoid Peril at all costs."

"Yeah," Qibli frowned. "I thought avoiding peril was obvious."

"No." Winter hissed. "Peril with a capital P. She burns everything she touches."

"Who screamed?" Qibli asked. Panic made its way into his mind and he asked again, "Who's scream was that?!?"

"It was just Turtle. The only ones left are Peril, Kinkajou, us and Moon."

——————

"Moon." Kinkajou said. "I heard a story about Peril."

"What?" Moon sighed sleepily. She and Kinkajou were just waking up.

"She burns whatever she touches."

Moon's eyes widened. She really really really wanted to scream. "She practically already won then."

"I think I know what to do. But you can't tell ANYBODY, kay?" Kinkajou whispered.

"Okay, Kink..."

"This is my secret weapon." She turned to a tree and... spit black stuff onto it.

The tree began to sizzle, and Moon's eyes widened once more.

"You can do that to a PERSON?!?" Kinkajou nodded. "I know, I know. I hate it, and I never ever use it on any animal. But once, Glory got kidnapped, and she had to use it, and it works. It's SCARY."

Moon blinked. That... that could have been HER.

"Why did you spare me? You could really WIN, Kinkajou."

"You're nice."

"Would you really be willing to use it on Peril?" Moon asked.

"Of course. She killed Turtle, and I REALLY need to do this, even though I don't want to."

"I agree. Okay. That's a plan."