Interviews Part 3

Qibli walked onto the stage confidently. "Qibli, why did they kidnap your queen?"

"That was Burn. She wanted Thorn to participate in the Games, but Thorn refused, because she's awesome." She nodded.

"And they kidnapped her?" Glory asked.

"Yes." Qibli replied. "And I said I'd go, because she was going to be killed."

"So you are loyal to Thorn?" She pressed. Qibli nodded instantly. "I've been loyal ever since I was 3."

"And what about before that?"

"I lived with my mother." Qibli said carefully. "Why is that such a bad thing?"

"I was thrown against walls for signs of weakness. I was tested by my terrifying grandfather." The room was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

"Well, we don't have any more time, though I'd love to hear more." Qibli shrugged, then exited the stage. A moment later, an excited looking Kinkajou ran on.

"Hi Glory! Oh my gosh, the only reason I survived coming here! I mean, other than the delicious food, awesome dresses and soft beds."

Glory smiled. "So, Kinkajou, why don't you tell the audience how we know each other?" The audience screamed in approval.

"Glory's my sister. Isn't that awesome? She was stolen from our family when she was a baby, and when I was born she came to visit!" Kinkajou shouted happily. The audience cheered even louder.

"And can you say what happened when you were reaped? Can you tell them about Tamarin?" The audience quieted.

"So, Tamarin is my best friend ever, and she's blind, so I thought 'Oh my gosh, I need to help, I have a better chance of winning' so I volunteered." The audience's cheers were deafening now.

"What's your best chance of winning, Kinkajou?"

"I'm not supposed to tell anyone, it's a secret." She whispered. "I have two, though."

Glory hugged her. "Time's up, Kinkajou! See you in the Games!"