Interviews

"So, Moon, what was your childhood like?"

"I, um... I lived with my mom in the rainforest."

"And how was that?"

"Cold, and educational." Moon admitted nervously. She wasn't sure her mother would appreciate her telling everyone that on television.

"And was your mom with you all the time?" She sighed. "No, but she loved me. She would be killed if people found out she had me."

The interrogator, Glory, nodded her sympathy. "They won't hurt you anymore if you win." She said.

"I'm scared." She whispered. "Well, our time is up, Moon. Good luck!" Moon nodded and exited the large stage.

"Winter! The brave Winter!" Glory announced. Many people cheered.

"Winter, your brother was reaped last year, correct?"

"Yes." Winter said proudly. "A NightWing spread the rumour he was dead, but he won."

"And Winter, who was that IceWing that won two years ago?" Glory questioned. "That was Snowfall, my cousin." She nodded.

"The IceWings have a winning streak, right?" Winter raised his icy cold eyes to the crowd. "Yes, this year I will bring our tribe the honour of 10 years in a row." More cheering.

"And do you know that IceWing that you volunteered for and got sent to the  fifth circle for?" Glory asked.

"Oh, Lynx?" His voice cracked at her name. He thought he'd come home with fame and they could marry, but he couldn't imagine killing Moon, although he was trained to. Shut up. He thought. "She was my friend in the Ice Kingdom. I wasn't allowed to volunteer." Glory sighed.

"Our time is up, Winter. Good luck!" Winter saluted, which was what he had been told to do, and left.