Chapter 9

Anjali was sleeping on the bed when guru came into the room.
He looked so tired. He sat on the sofa and tried to sleep but couldn't on the sofa. Anjali woke up and saw him trying to sleep uncomfortably.

"Gur" she asked.

"is this you?" He asked getting up.

"Sleep on the bed." She said.

"What happened all of the sudden?" He asked.

"Nothing. I felt pitty." She said.

"Do you want to sleep of the floor. Or something? Go ahead." She added.

"I feel so drowsy and tired." He said.

"Are you pregnant?" She asked.

"Anjali its funny but not in the mood to laugh. The business is getting out of hands. Your dad is getting all of the shares and projects." He said.

"Sorry." She said.

"I have a headache please just stop talking."he said.

"Ya. You sleep." She said going to the sofa to sit down.

She went up to him and sat next to him. She pulled his head onto her lap and massaged his temples.

"Anjali?" He said softly shocked by her new behaviors.

"Shhhh. Go to sleep." She said.

She sat like that for the next hour as he was peacefully sleeping. She looked at him.

"Ya... You are right... I can't resist you." She said softly.

"Anjali?" Banu came into the room.

"Your laps are gonna hurt ma. You were in that position for a long time." She said.

"No ma..he said he was tired and had a headache.... thats why i was...." She said.

She gently put his head on the pillow and was about to walk away when he pulled her hands. She untightened his hands and went downstairs.

"What I was gonna tell you was that if his dad comes, guru will be another type of person. So thats why i was gonna tell you. That morning,Guru said he woke up and told his dad that this happened to you both. His dad told him to come here soon and then sent him out on a business meetings and kept him away from you so that you would loose hope on him." Banu said.

"Im sorry ma. I actually did come to take revenge but Guru.... I cant resist his love. His dad is the only enemy... I guess." She said.

"Yes... I dont know how, i am going to tell him that his only son is married." Banu said.

"Ok aunty i'll go.check on guru." She said going to the room. It was dark.

Guru woke up and looked at Anjali who had been sitting on the sofa.

"Anjali, if i tell you something, you shouldnt yell at me." He said.

"That depents on what you tell me." She said.

"Ok... So... I dreamed of you massaging my head. It felt so good. You know how you used to do it back then?" He said.

"Oh now your brain had gone even more kookoo." She said.

"You think real stuff are dreams." She laughed as she went outside.

"What does that mean? Umm... I think real.... Is dream.... Oh.." He started running to her.

"So.... You like me?" He asked.

"Not quite. But maybe give it a try." she said.

" you.... What???? I never hear things likd that from your mouth till now." He said.

"Um... Aunty.... I need to go to a check up. Tell your son he better come with me or else...." Anjali said.

"Dont bring me into your fights." banu said.

Soon the two went out on Guru's bike. Anjali hugged Guru as they went.

 Anjali hugged Guru as they went

"My baby is getting squashed." Guru said.

"Ok i wont hug you then."  She said.

"But if my wife wants to, she can hug me." He said

They soon got to the doctor's office.

"Sir, the baby is doing great. All you have to do is come to regular check up. Also please eat healthy.maam" the doctor told them.

"Ya maam. She will or else ill force those health food into her mouth." He said.

"Ok thanks maam." Anjali said as they went back home.

"Stop." She said.

"What?" He asked.

"I wanna just sit down right here." She said pointing to a rock.

"Ok fine...anything for my darling." He said.

They sat down to talk

"Look, icecream truck." She said.

"What?" Guru looked up at her

"Go buy icecream now." She said pushing him toward the car.

"Hey.... Guru... One for mommy and other for baby." She said.

"Did you forget what the doctor said?" He asked.

He got her and icecream and one for himself.

"Both are mine right?" She asked.

"No... You can't have more than one." He said. She sadly eat her icecream.

"Guru... You dont know how to eat an icecream." She said as she pulled his.

"This is how you eat it." She said eating off of his.

"My god..." He said.

"You can have it. Eat both of it. Im done arguing with you." He said.