Chapter 1: Peers

(F/N) POV

Nights without sleep, hours of research, consulting anyone I could, and I still failed to create the greatest weapon for Huntsmen and Huntresses, The Cell. The problem is that the technology to create it simply doesn't exist, so I have to create the tech and it hasn't gone as planned. Right now I'm in my room sitting at my desk looking over where I went wrong, then a knock came from my door, looking over I saw the last man I thought I would see.

Ozpin: "Mr. Light, how are you today?" I stood from my chair.

(F/N): "Professor Ozpin! What are you doing here?"

Ozpin: "I heard about what you are working on, it sounds like quite the achievement if you can get it to work."

(F/N): "Yeah..." I looked to the side, disheartened. "If only I could."

Ozpin: "Maybe you can, how would you like to come to Beacon?"

(F/N): "But I never trained, heck I don't even know if I can unlock my aura." He stepped forward and placed his hand on my shoulder, his body glowed green, I watched my hands as his aura unlocked mine. "I didn't think that was possible."

Ozpin: "For those who have trained years to manipulate aura it is. Now that you are feeling more qualified to enter, what do you say?" 

(F/N): "Would I have a place to work?"

Ozpin: "Yes, if you accept, it will be arranged."

(F/N): "Then yes, thank you sir."

And that was how I ended up going to Beacon Academy, even just standing on the airship I felt out of place. Thankfully I wasn't the only one who seemed to be having a rough day, while a blonde guy was puking in the corner, a younger girl was getting crushed by a blonde girl with a hug while not looking too happy. After a hologram of Professor Goodwitch finished its announcement we all looked out the windows to see Beacon Academy. I was actually starting to feel some excitement, the place was huge, I was even starting to believe that I could make my weapon here.

The moment the ship landed the blond guy ran out to the nearest trashcan, while I walked out and simply felt out of place again. I was in aw and intimidated by the place, so much that I wasn't paying attention and accidentally tripped over someone's luggage. That was when I met her, Weiss Schnee, she wasn't happy, I tried to apologize and help pick up her stuff but she took it from my hands and opened it. Taking out a vial of Fire Dust she complained about how they were damaged.

(F/N): "Did they mix?"

Weiss: "What?"

(F/N): "The Dust in the case, as long as they didn't mix it should be safe to put them in new vials." She looks at me for a moment then sighs.

Weiss: "You aren't wrong." She puts back the vial and shuts the case. "But I wouldn't need to if someone wasn't so careless."

(F/N): "Again, sorry. I just got lost in the feeling this place gives. Anyway, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm (F/N) Light." I offer a hand, she was hesitant but shook.

Weiss: "Weiss Schnee, now if you'll excuse me I have to check the other cases."

(F/N): "Right, sorry." She went over to her stuff and I went on my way while letting out a sigh. "Ozpin where are you?"

Walking into the amphitheater I started to somehow feel even more out of place, there was a lot of students. I was going to step outside to see if that made me feel any better when I felt a tap on my shoulder, when I turned I was met with the young girl from before. My sister did tell me to try being social so I might as well try and make a friend.