Chapter 17: Passengers

(F/N) POV

Flynt: "Must have been hard for you out there." After introducing ourselves and cleaning the makeup off my face, we got to talking, I told them my sob story and pretended to be a bit timid.

Neon: "That's weird." You don't want to call my bluff. "I mean, why use makeup when you could just use a mask?"

(F/N): "That... is an excellent idea, wish I thought about that before leaving Mantle. So what's your story?"

Flynt: "We're surprising a teammate of ours." He opens up his luggage, taking out a gaming console, it feels like a long time since I last saw one. "Ivory's been wanting this ever since it was announced, well with Atlas basically locking down it was hard to find any left, got lucky."

Neon: "I knew this girl, who was friends with this guy, who we went to combat school with, well his brother got it but was laid off a few weeks ago." God she sounds as hyper as Lapis was.

Flynt: "Hey, what's wrong?"

(F/N): "Huh? What?"

Neon: "Uh, you're kinda crying, like a lot. Do you need a puppy?" I crack up a bit.

(F/N): "No, it's just... you reminded me of someone."

Neon: "Oh, is she hot? Fun? Likes rollerblades?"

(F/N): "I don't know about that last one but she definitely was fun, if not a pain at times."

Flynt: "Yeah, that sounds like Neon alright."

Neon: "Hey!"

This feeling, is this what normal felt like? Did I forget about that feeling that quick? It hasn't even been a year since my life started down this path and I've already gotten so used to the craziness that is magic, Maidens, and my colleagues, well, former colleagues. It was nice talking with them, even though Neon was somewhat obnoxious, I don't think she's that bad of a person. Flynt seems like a good guy too, a good leader, it would be a shame if we ended up fighting each other. I learned a bit more about their teammates, Kale and Ivory sounded like good people too, after our talk we went to the dining car.

Wearing my hood, trying to hide my Grimm looking face, caught the attention of other people, Neon tried to convince me it would be fine, to humor her I took it down for a moment to comb my fingers through my hair. From the corner of my eyes, from a single glance, I could see unfavorable reactions, the kind that are of Huntsmen looking at Grimm. One guy with a mace, reminding me of Cardin, walked up and started bugging me, probably thinking he'll get fame among the people here if he deals with me. I stood from my seat and stared at him, before he could utter another word out of his annoying mouth he found his face smashed through a table.

(F/N): "Is that how you fight Grimm? Bug them to death?"

Huntsman: "You little-" Neon slams her foot into his stomach as her and Flynt stand at my side.

Neon: "Little what?"

Flynt: "Maybe you should mind your own business."

Huntsman: "What are you two, blind?"

Neon: "What are you, a racist?" 

Huntsman: "What?! No!"

Flynt: "Then maybe you should know better than to judge people off their appearance." I look at the others.

(F/N): "That goes for all of you."

The onlookers turned their eyes away and started minding their own business, myself and the other two went up to the bar, I paid for the table with the rest of my money while Flynt paid for a few drinks. Before we ate I thanked them for having my back, Flynt played it off like it was just the right thing to do, if they knew who I truly was, I doubt he'd be saying that. The food was surprisingly good, but it might have just been good company which improved the experience. Once done I returned to the room, telling them that I wanted to get some rest, when really I just wanted to relax in bed.