Chapter 19: Cold Welcome

Third Person POV

After Neon and Flynt parted ways with (F/N), Flynt showed some disappointment like his partner was, Neon seemed to get over it rather quickly though and started skating around. When asked why she was so chipper, the cat faunus simply responded with a statement that she understands. Meanwhile, (F/N) looked ahead at the office of James Ironwood, headmaster of Atlas Academy, and general to the Atlas military. With the relic of choice still in hand, the Grimm-looking young man walked into the general's office, when Ironwood looked up and saw him he immediately went to reach for the handgun in his suit.

(F/N): "I order you to freeze." The headmaster stopped with his hand in his suit, while (F/N) sat down on the couch at the center of the office. "I'm not here to fight you."

Ironwood: "Who are you?" He spoke in an authoritative voice.

(F/N): "You know, sometimes I ask myself that question, then I just remind myself I have more important things to do than ask questions like that, for example. I order you to tell me where the Winter Maiden is."

Ironwood: "I..." He tried to fight it with his willpower but fails. "I don't... know."

(F/N): "So I traveled all the way here for nothing?" (F/N) leaned back on the couch. "Let's try... I order you to tell me everything you know about the Winter Maiden."

Ironwood: "H-her name is Winter."

(F/N): "I know she's the..." He looks over at the general. "Seriously? Winter? As in Winter Schnee? Is this some bad joke by Ozpin to hide the Maidens in plain sight or something?"

Ironwood: "Winter isn't... the Maiden... she's in charge of guarding her... I don't know..."

(F/N): "Alright, alright, take a moment before you pull something, you look like your head's about to explode."

Ironwood: "Who... who are you?"

(F/N): "(F/N), think of me as one of Salem's last friends, but enough about me, do you have something to drink? The cold is really bothersome." The two just look at each other. "Oh right, I order you to move freely so long as you don't take any hostile actions against me." The general moved his hand away from his gun.

Ironwood: "Coffee."

(F/N): "Sounds lovely." The two eye each other down, Ironwood moves his hand to call one of his subordinates.

Ironwood: "Private, get me and my guest a pot of coffee."

(F/N): "Get the strong feeling you just told him something."

Ironwood: "To get coffee." (F/N) stares at him for a moment before shrugging.

(F/N): "Whatever, it's not like there's much you can do. So, who is this person that Winter is guarding? Is she cute? I don't think Salem would be happy if I took a cute girl home to her."

Ironwood: "I will not let a pawn of Salem take her, that is why I currently don't know Winter's location, after the fall of Beacon I took matters into my own hands."

(F/N): "And I'm sure you've done a good job protecting the people of Atlas, but allow me to inform you of something, all of her pawns are dead, well, unless you count me, in which case one is technically alive."

Ironwood: "I have no reason to believe you." The door opens, the private Ironwood called for walks in, spotting (F/N) he gets nervous but still goes and places the pot of coffee on the small table in front of (F/N). "See? Coffee."

(F/N): "Hm." He takes and opens the pot. "So it would seem." After the soldier left the two go back to eyeing the each other down. "Winter... you know what, give me the Schnee and I'll leave, I won't even ask where the vault is, granted it's probably under the school."