Chapter 2: First Day Blues

(F/N) POV

With no real idea of what a team leader is supposed to do I decided to wing it, I had woken up early and started to wake the others up once I saw there was unpacking to do. I changed into my uniform while Cyan woke up Lapis who was still half asleep, while Auburn started unpacking her things. Once we were done and there was hours left I stood in the middle of the room with no idea of what to do next.

Cyan: "Are you okay (F/N)?"

(F/N): "Huh? Yeah, just... what should we do until it's time to go to class?"

Lapis: "Sleep!" She said as she fell onto her bed.

Auburn: "I'm going for a morning workout at the gym."

Cyan: "Oh! Why don't we do that?"

Lapis: "No!"

(F/N): *sigh* "I do need to train and catch up with all of you."

Cyan: "Then it's decided, Lapis, Auburn-" She looked where Auburn was standing. "Where'd she go?"

(F/N): "She bolted out of here after you said 'why don't we'."

Lapis: "More sleep." Cyan went and pulled the covers away from her, then dragged her to out of her bed and out into the hall.

(F/N): "Today is going to be great."

My sarcasm wasn't misplaced, after we went to the locker rooms to change I found I could hardly keep up with Cyan on the treadmill, even Lapis did better than me and she was still somewhat asleep. Luckily there weren't that many people in the gym this early, at least for today, I'd probably get laughed at for how little I can lift. When everyone was done with their workout we hit the showers and dressed in our uniforms for our first class. Some students had already arrived, the professor was a grey-haired man that was a bit overweight named Port.

Port: "Please take your seats, class will begin shortly." Me and my team took our seats near the front, when class was about to start Ruby and her friends ran in at the last second.

Ruby: "Sorry we're late."

Port: "Every year there's at least one team that's late, come on and take your seats." I waved to Ruby.

(F/N): "Morning."

Ruby: "Morning (F/N)." Lapis leaned into my ear.

Lapis: "Does someone already have a crush?"

(F/N): "What? No." She giggled, but once Port cleared his throat we turned out attention to him.

Port: "Welcome to Beacon Academy, and welcome to Grimm Studies where you'll learn about what you may ask? Why the monsters! Demons! Prowlers of the night. Yes, the creatures of Grimm. These beasts go by many names, but I merely refer to them as prey. Hu-hah!" The room gets quiet. "Uhh, and you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy. Now Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world. Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces." Yeah, I really don't want to be a Huntsmen, can I leave now?

Port: "And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! Huntresses..." He looks over to someone in Ruby's team and clicks his tongue, I really don't want to be here. "Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves. From what you ask? Why... the very world!" A random student yells 'yeah' before sitting back down. "That is what you are training to become." Professor Port goes off to tell a story of his youth, a very pointless story with no moral to it.

Port: "The moral of the story? A true Huntsman must be honorable. A true Huntsman must be dependable. A true Huntsman must be strategic, well-educated, and wise! So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?"