Chapter 4: My Haven

(F/N) POV

I was sitting at a table in our room aboard the airship, going over the papers I found in the storage locker, the notes were all over the place, but when put together it all seemed to work. There were things I just didn't understand, equations that didn't make sense to me, leaving me to scratch my head. Cyan walked in, bringing tea for me and Lapis, who was enjoying the videos on DustTube, her laughter wasn't annoying so I didn't order her to stop. Finally Auburn returned from her search for the girl that bumped into me.

Auburn: "I asked nearly everyone I could, the only proof this girl even existed is from a camera in the hall."

Cyan: "So whoever she was she put effort into avoiding them."

Lapis: "Oh! What if her semblance is invisibility?"

Auburn: "If it was she wouldn't have needed to bump into him." She walks over to me and looks at the notes. "Any luck?"

(F/N): "Yes, the notes were written all over the place but... it holds up from what I can see, there are just a few things I don't recognize like this." I point to one of the equations.

Auburn: "Dust." She hovers her finger over the paper. "It's a formula to refine Dust, if these numbers are right then you'll need a special machine that can grind it extremely fine... wait." She goes through more of the papers. "Liquid Dust."

Cyan: "I thought you couldn't change the state of Dust?"

Auburn: "Apparently you can, it's-" I shoot up from my chair and hug Auburn. "What are you doing?"

(F/N): "Thanking you! " I let go.

Auburn: "Thank me by never doing that again."

(F/N): "Sure it's just... thank you."

Lapis: "Someone has their smile back."

(F/N): "Yeah, sadly I can't make it till we get to Haven."

Cyan: "As much as I am happy for you, I hope you plan on getting proper sleep and attending classes."

Lapis: "Team mom! Team mom! Team mom!"

Cyan: "I'm not the team mom!"

I couldn't help but laugh, I didn't fit with Beacon, but these three have definitely made things better. I stack the papers and put them away before I jump into bed, because the room was meant for teams it had four beds, though it wasn't that big. The next day we had breakfast, I spent my time organizing the notes, rewriting them onto separate paper, Lapis and Cyan though wanted me to spend some time with the team. There wasn't much to do, but there was space at the front deck to spar, I was extremely thankful when we arrived at the city of Mistral, the home of Haven Academy.

 There wasn't much to do, but there was space at the front deck to spar, I was extremely thankful when we arrived at the city of Mistral, the home of Haven Academy

Lapis: "Wow."

Cyan: "Vale has nothing on this."

Auburn: "It's just another city."