Chapter 3: Short Stay

(F/N) POV

After Ruby and I started dating I also got close to her team, when I wasn't avoiding Cardin or training with my team, I was hanging out with them. Weiss got closer to me and would eventually ask me out, Ruby wasn't keen on it but went with it. Then after one night of getting dragged out for drinks with Yang, who wanted to lay down ground rules for going out with her sister, we seemed to be going out. The only one on the team that didn't want to join in was Blake, and in all honesty I'm kind of thankful.

Even though it was somewhat hard to manage time with them, my team, and my project they all seemed supportive. I still felt somewhat out of place at Beacon, in team matches Auburn and Cyan did most of the damage while Lapis defended me, only a few times did my shots actually hit anyone in the arena and not nearly hit Auburn or Lapis. As for the progress on my weapon, S.A.R.A. proved to be a great help, at first glance you'd think she was just a prop astromech droid from Dust Wars. Thankfully she didn't want to take over the world, something that was joked about.

It seemed like we were getting closer to making The Cell, but we still faced challenges, after all it's not like you can make an ultra-hard, heat resistant, flying swarm of nanobots that respond to your thoughts and can turn into any weapon over night. More on my team, Auburn had started to open up, in fact the proof of this was when she stopped by the workshop when I was working late one night. She told me the only reason she was hard on me was because she didn't want me to get hurt, ever since she started talking more. Lapis still acted childish at times but was surprisingly dependable in a fight, and as for Cyan she essentially gained the role of team mom, which Lapis cheered much to Cyan's embarrassment.

My social status wasn't perfect though, I was still one of the weakest students at the school, even Jaune seemed to be improving better then I was. After he started standing up to Cardin the bully started focusing his attention more on me, he tried to get me to do his work for him but the reason he failed was because of my team stepping in. So if things weren't terrible then why was I leaving with my team at the end of the first quarter? Well there's two reasons I'll get to. I genuinely enjoyed my time with Ruby and the others, I didn't really have any friends back in my high school days, let alone girlfriends.

I remember clearly each first date, Ruby and I spent one day together watching movies, playing games, and eating cookies, which I learned quick were her favorite, especially chocolate chip. I was walking to Ruby's room with a scroll full of newly downloaded movies, and with a present for her. Knocking on the door I was met with the red cloaked wonder herself, we weren't alone in the room, Yang would never allow that. Blake was sitting on her bed reading while we set things up for the movie marathon, we started with action but made our way into horror.

Actor: "Nathan!" The boy is cut in two with a chainsaw, causing Ruby to grab me in fear.

(F/N): "It's okay Ruby, no chainsaw freak is going to go after you."

Ruby: "I'm not scared of him! I just don't like seeing people ripped in half." I pat her on the head.

(F/N): "Well if you don't want to see that, then I guess you don't want to play the new Mortal Ninja?" I load the game up from my scroll.

Ruby: "You didn't?!"

(F/N): "Come on, how about a few rounds?"

After my date with Ruby I thought I'd also do something with Weiss, I was not sure what she liked but I did think something romantic that would work. So I enlisted Cyan to help me, we were going to make a special dinner for just me and Weiss. We got into the storage room to grab the table and chairs, we brought them to the roof where I asked Weiss to meet me later. When she walked out onto the roof I played a romantic song and offered her a dance, even though I had no knowledge of how to dance.