Chapter 11: The Devil On Your Shoulder

(F/N) POV

During our walk around the fairground we spoke quietly to each other and avoided Qrow, Mercury told me about him, and from Emerald's reaction he could be a problem. While we walked I also thought about what to do next, while we all agreed to keep our heads low now that Ozpin knows that I had contact with Salem, I couldn't help but feel there was something I could do. Then, as I watched a child run by pretending to be a Beowolf, an idea popped into my head, and a smile found itself on my face.

The thought must have brought me an odd sense of joy, I told Emerald and Mercury that I had enough fun for one day and was going to head back, I didn't tell them the truth in case they thought I'd double-cross them. Heading to Ozpin's office I thought of ways to convince him I was on his side, when I walked in he seemed to tense up slightly, him and Ironwood were in the middle of discussing something it seems, I walked up to the desk and stood beside Ironwood.

Ozpin: "Mr. Light, is there something you need?"

(F/N): "I was thinking... can I join you?" Ozpin looked at Ironwood.

Ironwood: "And why exactly do you wish to join us?"

(F/N): "I was... thinking about my team more, I know if they had to choose between you or Salem, they'd choose your side without a second thought."

Ozpin: "Well... alright."

Ironwood: "What?"

(F/N): "Just like that?" Ozpin leaned back and tossed his arms.

Ozpin: "The only thing you could do to harm us is kill us, and you've already displayed that just being in the same room as you is dangerous. Of course you still have to prove yourself before we bring you in fully like Ironwood." I look at my arms and slowly take off my right gauntlet, placing it on his desk.

(F/N): "The greatest weapon a Huntsman or Huntress could ask for, at your disposal."

Ozpin: "You're just giving it to me?"

(F/N): "I thought you wanted it for war, well I was half right wasn't I?" Ozpin nods.

Ironwood: "If you send us over copies of the-"

(F/N): "All blueprints and notes were destroyed." I look at Ironwood. "As I said, I thought you wanted it for war, the amount of lives this thing can take is great, not even a most skilled Huntsman or Huntress can beat it."

Ironwood: "So Raven got away using luck?" My stare turns hostile.

(F/N): "She got away because I let the shock of seeing my team die affect me, if I hadn't she'd be the one buried."

Ozpin: "We'll have it looked over later, for now I believe you'll need it for the tournament." I pick it back up and put it on. "As a side note, do be a good sportsman and give your opponents a fair fight, we don't want the crowds to get bored."

(F/N): "Sure, and once it's over you can have it as long as you need it." I start walking out but stop like last time. "I never had a lot in life... maybe I'll find something after the tournament."

After I entered the elevator I wished them a good day, at the ground floor I took the fastest path to the dorms in hopes I'd be there before the others. Luckily I was and went to take a shower, when I got out they had returned, Iris, like the quiet girls she's been, didn't say a thing and went to her desk. Emerald was looking through her scroll while Mercury sat against his bed and started adjusting his prosthetic legs.

Emerald: "Hey (F/N)."

(F/N): "Yes?"

Emerald: "Here." She hands me her scroll, it was a text from Cinder.