Chapter 22: Snow And Sand

Third Person POV

After (F/N) had left Ruby and company returned to Atlas Academy, Ironwood spoke separately with each member of Flynt's team but was told the same story from each. Raven didn't return until much later, she had gone looking for (F/N) and only returned hours later using her semblance to open a portal to her brother, who was talking with Ozpin. They had to move out fast if they wanted to secure the relic of destruction, even though Qrow was doubtful they could do it, he still went along with Ozpin's plan. As for the former students, while Jaune sulked in anger Nora and Ren went to make some treats to try and cheer everyone up.

Jaune wasn't the only one in a bad mood, Weiss sat on her bed in the spare team room they had been given. She knew where her weapon pierced, right where his heart was, if it wasn't for the magic healing him he would surely be dead. She told herself that he should have had an aura, she believed he did, that was the reason she struck him after all, to deplete his aura, not to kill him, she might have made mistakes, even willingly committed some bad, but never did she want to kill. She saw Raven, the look where all you feel is a murderous urge, that all you want is to kill, she didn't want to become like that.

Weiss wasn't the only one contemplating, Blake had started having her doubts that they could beat (F/N), at least in a physical sense. The cat faunus found herself stuck between thinking that she could convince him to change sides, and giving up on the mission altogether. He was more powerful than them, already had a head start on the relic of destruction, and all they had to fight him with was Ruby who hasn't even come close to activating her power. Speaking of her leader, her and Yang had been staying close together as if her older sister was worried she'd get lost or taken. So when Ruby walked in to check up on Weiss, Yang followed in right after.

Ruby: "Hey Weiss." She sees her teammate still sitting in bed. "Still thinking about what happened?" She sits down next to her.

Weiss: "I just don't get it, who stands there when they're being attacked?"

Yang: "An idiot."

Ruby: "Yang." The blond turns her head away. "Weiss, I know it's bothering you but you can't let it eat at you this much."

Blake: "If it helps." She walked in with Winter, getting the attention of her team. "I don't think he holds it against you."

Winter: "I've come to inform you four that we'll be leaving by airship in eighteen hundred hours."

Ruby: "When?" Winter looked over to Ruby.

Winter: "Six PM."

Ruby: "Oh." Winter glanced at her sister.

Winter: "I have a question before I go, what was your relationship with the individual we're currently pursuing?"

Weiss: "Well... we were dating."

Blake: "What she means to say is, she dated him with the mindset of stealing his weapon from him." Winter looked over to her seriously before looking back over to her sister.

Winter: "Is this true?" Weiss simply nods her head. "I see." Without another word, she was turned to leave when Weiss stood.

Weiss: "Winter... he, he wanted me to tell you... he's sorry for causing you trouble." She looked back but left without saying a word.

Blake: "Shouldn't you be the one apologizing?" Yang was annoyed by the question.

Yang: "Why should she apologize to a killer? Or did you forget about Pyrrha? Or that he tortured Raven?"

Blake: "It may not excuse what he's done, but you're forgetting what Raven is, a bandit, someone who has killed innocent people."

Yang: "You're right, it doesn't excuse the fact that he's a monster." Ruby stepped between them.