Chapter 6: Going Downhill

(F/N) POV

The second quarter was nearly over and with it so was my heart. I tried what Lapis suggested and pursued Reese, along the way I also ended up with Arslan, it felt like the past was repeating, that feeling wasn't wrong. When I finished the prototype of the Cell, I found myself continuing to work on it, trying to make the gauntlets lighter and more compact, giving the glasses more features. Understandably after I forgot about several dates in favor of working on my weapon, Reese decided to cheat on me. Oddly it was Arslan who told me about it, then again our relationship was more professional then it was an actual relationship.

It was during the weekend, around the afternoon where I could always be found in the workshop, Arslan had told me what Reese had been doing the other day. Around this time on the weekend her and her secret boyfriend would go behind the gym to meet up, so instead of working on the Cell any further I went there to see them. I arrived a little after they did, when they got close I took out my scroll and caught a picture of them kissing. Shortly after sending it to Reese her scroll went off.

Reese: "Hold on one sec." She takes out her scroll. "Someone finally got away from their-"

She cut herself off and turned to see me at the end of the building, she called for me in shock while I walked away, she tried to catch up to me but Arslan came seemingly out of nowhere and grabbed Reese by her hoodie. I went to my teams' room, walking in on Cyan changing, they had gotten used to me not being around at this time.

(F/N): "Women are the worse."

Cyan: "Right now I beg to differ." She said covering herself.

Auburn: "If we're being honest everyone has the potential to be the worse, those who can't accept that idea are a delusional optimist who can't see the world is a gray area and not easily defined by either good or evil." We all just stopped to look at her. "There was a sale on amateur philosophy and other books meant to provoke thought."

(F/N): "Of course there was." I went over to my bed and crashed my face into the pillow while Cyan grabbed her clothes and went to the bathroom.

Lapis: "Soo... what happened?" I sit up and sternly look at her.

(F/N): "Reese plus cheated on me equals kind of in a bad mood."

Lapis: "Wow, you have really bad luck with women." My stern look became a glare but I ended up rolling my eyes. When the door knocked I got up and opened it to be see Arslan.

Arslan: "Hey, I just wanted to see how you were holding up."

(F/N): "I'm fine. In fairness I did neglect her so... yeah."

Arslan: "Not to make excuses for her but she lacks the maturity to be in a proper relationship. Still, she should have spoke with you."

(F/N): "And I should have spent more time with her, but it's in the past now. I just need sometime alone."

Arslan: "Alright, but if you need someone to talk to I'm here."

(F/N): "Thanks." I shut the door and go back to my bed.

Lapis: "So what are you going to do?"

(F/N): "I don't know."

Auburn: "Do you want my advice?"

(F/N): "Is it from your philosophy books?"

Auburn: "No, it's from personal experience. When you no longer have a grand purpose in life, or a dream you wish to achieve, create a small goal that's within reach."

(F/N): "Hmm... there are missions coming up."

Auburn: "Set your goal to completing it, see how you feel afterwards."