Chapter 15: Dragons Never Die

(F/N) POV

Emerald: "Cinder!"

After Cinder made her last cry her body fell forward, her head hit the table, my blood returned freeing Mercury and Emerald, who rushed over to Cinder's body. I walked over to Salem, ignoring the hate-filled look coming from Emerald, the others stayed quiet till they were asked to report. So far the last Maiden has managed to stay hidden, Salem turned to me, but before she could say anything I asked if I could take my own actions, she had a curious look before allowing it. I excused myself and left them, heading for the vault I used my blood to break in and take the relic of knowledge, which looked like that of an ornate lantern floating above one of four stone pedestals, before heading outside where I summoned Drag, who after appearing lowered his head, allowing me to see his eyes were bloodshot.

(F/N): "Is something wrong Drag?"

Drag: "No my lord, it is nothing."

(F/N): "Drag." I looked at him seriously, he shut his eyes.

Drag: "I'm... growing sick."

(F/N): "That's possible? If so you could rest, I'll take one of the airships."

Drag: "I fear no amount of rest will help, but I appreciate the concern, my lord."

(F/N): "Do you think you can make it to Vale?"

Drag: "Yes my lord."

I got on as his wings stretched out, I told him to stop if he began to feel too unwell, though I believe he will not stop and rest unless ordered to. I held on tightly to the relic with one hand and onto Drag with the other, after a while my arms started growing tired so I used my blood to tie the relic to myself and me to Drag. Once we reached Vale I ordered him to land near Beacon, which was currently being used as a nest for the dragon Grimm and the other creatures that followed it. Once on the ground I told Drag to rest, even as the dragon Grimm approached us I told him to do nothing, I wanted to test something.

Once facing me the beast roared, a roar that went far out into the distance, I simply stared it down, it felt as though I was exchanging words without saying a thing. I started walking to what remained of Beacon Tower, the Grimm along the way merely minded their own business, only stopping to glance at me for a moment. After reaching the elevator-shaft I used my blood to help lower myself down to the basement where I walked to the center of the place, sitting down with my legs crossed I placed the relic of knowledge down in front of me. With time to practice I started thinking of how to use the Maiden powers inside of me, I focused on it as I had with my blood.

Every attempt was met with a glow from the relic as if giving me a sign that I was close, that I was just missing it. I started focusing on what I wanted, picturing a flame in front of me, instead of fire I saw my blood in the shape of a flame. I was starting to get annoyed, if they are two systems, my blood and the Maiden powers, that use the same method to work, then it's possible one is overwriting the other. I fall back and lay on my back as I let out a sigh, I can get into the vault without using the relic of knowledge, but I will need it to find the Winter Maiden.

(F/N): "Why didn't they use it to find the Winter Maiden?"

Woman: "It's overwhelming." I jumped up and looked around ready to strike but saw no one.

(F/N): "Show yourself!" This time the voice spoke clearer, and it was extremely familiar.

Cinder: "It's hard to show yourself when you don't have a body."

(F/N): "Oh, great... I'm insane."

Cinder: "You are an imbecile, not insane. When you ripped my powers from me you also took my soul."