Chapter 5: Jaded

(F/N) POV

Refining Dust into a liquid, no doubt Weiss would have sent her father all of these notes, I shouldn't think about her. I just finished the machine that is currently taking lightning Dust and turning it into a liquid, turns out that lightning Dust has a special property when in a liquid state, it creates an electric field and it's pretty sizable at that. It took half a week to accomplish that and move it into the dorm where I felt it was safer. I was now working on finishing the nanobot fabricator that the notes mentioned when a knock caught my attention.

Reese: "Sup."

(F/N): "It's Saturday isn't it?"

Reese: "Yup."

(F/N): "Shit."

Reese: "It's all good, but I did remember what me and Arslan were going to get so she's be tagging along."

(F/N): "Alright, let me just bring this to my dorm and I'll meet up with you both at the front entrance."

Reese: "Sounds like a plan. Hey, what's that machine for by the way?"

(F/N): "It's going to help me make my weapon."

Reese: "Huh, must be something... well, I'm going to get Arslan, see ya."

(F/N): "Be there shortly."

Bringing the machine to the dorm room I was met with Auburn, she has been spending most of her time in our room ever since I made the Dust machine. She told me that Cyan dragged Lapis to the library to help her study. I told her I'd be back later and was going into the city with Reese and Arslan, she gave me a concerned look, at least I think it was, it can be hard to tell with how little her facial expressions, still she wished me well. I went to the front entrance and met up with Reese and Arslan, we quickly left to make up for lost time. While we went to the marketplace we talked more about Beacon and Haven, also somethings about our families and past.

The marketplace itself was quite lively with people all around, stalls were filled with food, weapons, clothes, or gift items like jewelry, flowers, and books. The last one of which Reese wanted to get for her sister whose birthday was coming up soon, and according to Arslan she has forgotten that a few times this past month. After we got the book we went to a tea shop called the Jade Palace, run by a woman with long black hair and a light complexion, she wore long robes and cared a long smoke pipe.

Arslan: "Jade, it's a pleasure to see you again."

Jade: "Ah if it isn't my favorite customer."

Reese: "What about me?"

Jade: "Meh." She looked me up and down. "You're new, what's your name?"

(F/N): "(F/N) Light, it's nice to meet you." I offer a hand up she simply looks at it.

Jade: "For someone with the name light..." She took my right hand and turned my palm up. "How many times?"

(F/N): "What?"

Jade: "Your heart, how many times was it broken?"

Arslan: "Her semblance helps her read people."

(F/N): "Oh, well I wouldn't say my heart was broken."

Jade: "Interesting. Let's get you three something to drink." She walked us over to a table in the back and said someone would be with us shortly.

Reese: "So what do you think of Mistral so far?"

(F/N): "It's an interesting place, seems more lively then Vale."

Arslan: "That would be the size difference, though with a greater size comes the difficulty of maintaining order."