Chapter 10: Close Calls

(F/N) POV

For the past several days Yang has avoided me after what she said, I've been in a pissed mood ever since and to 'cheer me up' Emerald suggested I go to the dance, in reality Cinder had messaged her that one of us needs to break into Beacon Tower and get access into the mainframe to upload a program by Watts. I created a disguise program that would create body armor that completely covered me, helmet with a voice modulator included, there was a plan to test it our but the four of us found ourselves training day and night to improve our teamwork. By the time we had improved it was already time for the dance, I was pacing in our room for my signal to go.

Emerald: "Hey." Her voice came clearly through the ear piece.

(F/N): "Yes?"

Emerald: "It looks like everyone is here."

Mercury: "It feels a bit crowded if you ask me, I wouldn't be surprised if people left early."

(F/N): "Got it, I'm on the move."

I activated the disguise mode and left through the window, making my way towards Beacon Tower, there I neutralized the guards and waited for the elevator. It opened to two guards, I stepped in with them and wished them good night before I knocked them out, once at the lower levels where the main brain of the system was I went over to one of the terminals and connected my scroll. The holographic screens turned red with a black queen chess piece confirming the up load, I told Emerald that the job was done.

Emerald: "That's good, hey is Ironwood leaving?"

Mercury: "Yeah, that's a shame."

Emerald: "Everyone should get a day off."

(F/N): "I get it, I'll be there shortly." As I said that and grabbed my scroll I heard the elevator open, I turned to see Ruby armed with her scythe  aimed at me and in heels.

Ruby: "You know this isn't a costume party, so why don't you take off that helmet?" I walk towards her. "I'm warning you!" I keep walking. "Don't make me-" I run forward, she fires at me, I quickly grab her weapon and knock her down.

(F/N): "Don't fight someone stronger than you, you'll live longer." I throw her weapon to the side and go into the elevator. "Have a good night young lady." This voice modulator is wonderful. Heading for the ground floor I quickly got away from the tower, I deactivated the disguise mode and walked the rest of the way to the dance in my suit. There I cut in between Mercury and Emerald, she gave me a smile as I took her hand. Mercury went over to stand with Iris, who just arrived at the dance, and chatted at the punch-bowl.

Emerald: "Where have you been?"

(F/N): "Spending some quality time with Iris, she's a really interesting person."

Emerald: "Well I hope I can help you enjoy the rest of the night." I looked over her shoulder and see Weiss sitting alone with a sad look on her face, something about seeing her miserable brought an odd happiness.

(F/N): "You know... I think I'm already enjoying it." I look at her smile.

Third Person POV

Ironwood: "They were here." He said sternly to Ozpin as he paced in the headmasters office. "Ozpin they were here!"

Glynda: "Thanks you James, we're aware."

Ironwood: "Oh good, you're aware, so what are we going to do?" Ozpin stood up from his chair as the elevator opened, Ruby walked in and up to Ozpin's desk.

Ozpin: "Ms. Rose, thank you for coming so early. I know you'd rather be training with team for the upcoming match than recount what happened." Ironwood step forward to her, standing and speaking in an intimidating way.