Chapter 4 - Talking to Her

Taehyung walked home from school feeling a bit dejected. Sooyun didn't show up to school that day. And the day after that. He was really worried about her, negative thoughts of something bad happening to her clouded his mind.

It wasn't until Friday when his fears were destroyed by her presence. Taehyung had walked to school by himself that day.

Listening to the snow crunch under his feet, Taehyung suddenly heard an extra crunch with each step he took. He stopped and turned around only for his eyes to widen in surprise and shrink back down in happiness.

"Sooyun!"

She looked up at him in surprise.

"Wha...?"

"I thought something happened to you! You're okay, right?"

She tilted her head in confusion. Why was he so concerned for her? Who is this guy? She blinked a few times before remembering. Ah~, this is the weird jacket guy from Tuesday.

"How do you know my name?"

"Oh, um...I heard that guy say it." Taehyung scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

Her icy purple eyes bored into his dark brown ones.

"Whatever. Just forget it."

She continued to walk past him. He jumped and ran up to walk beside her. A few minutes passed with him not-so-secretly glancing down at her.

"I'll melt if you keep doing that."

"Oh, sorry."

"What do you want?"

"I just want to talk to you."

"I don't like to talk."

"I'm Kim Taehyung!" He ignored her last statement.

Sooyun rolled her eyes with a tired sigh.

"Jeon Sooyun. Now go away."

Taehyung smirked at her, stuffing his hands in his coat pockets.

"I would, but we're going to the same school."

Sooyun didn't respond. She just looked away, a tint of pink in her cheeks. A chuckle escaped Taehyung's throat.

"Cute."

"No, I'm not."

"But you are."

"Shut up before I shove a rock down your throat."

Taehyung just shrugged. They walked in silence for another few minutes before Taehyung spoke again.

"'Sooyun'. A pretty name for a lonely girl."

Sooyun didn't show it, but that sentence hit her heart.

"I told you to shut up."

Taehyung chuckled at her again. It was an intoxicating chuckle that made her want to smile along. She refrained, though.

"Why are you so pale?"

"Because I am."

"Your eyes are an unusual color."

"Gee, thanks."

"It wasn't an insult. I think they're pretty."

She stopped responding again. The school was coming into view. She wanted so desperately to take off running, but she was afraid to reveal her ability. So, she was forced to walk alongside him for a few minutes longer.