Chapter 14 - Trust Issues

"You're what?"

Sooyun shook her head at her nonchalant brother sitting on his bed. Jungkook looked dead into her eyes and repeated himself.

"I'm enrolling at your school."

"But why?!"

"Because it's not safe anywhere any more. I won't feel good if I let you go to school by yourself."

Sooyun balled up her fists in agitation. "So you're going to stick to me 24/7? Like they're going to attack me at school!"

"You never know! The superiors don't care about that trivial stuff! As long as they have you in the end, but I won't let that happen!"

"No. I won't let you do this."

"You don't have a choice in the matter."

"I thought you trusted me?" She said weakly. Jungkook sighed and reached up to hold her hand, pulling her down to sit next to him. "That was before we got put into an extremely dangerous pile of shit. I'm just doing what I think is best."

"But...If you start following me around at school then..." Sooyun frowned at the thought. With her helicopter parent of a brother, Sooyun wouldn't be able to talk to Taehyung anymore.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes with a tilt of his head.

"What? What would happen if I went?"

She sucked in a breath of air and shook her head. "Nothing," she spoke quietly. Jungkook caressed her cheek lovingly, soft eyes staring at her features. "It'll be fine. I won't let anyone touch you. I won't let them get to you, baby girl."

She nodded. But that wasn't what she was worried about. It was Taehyung she was concerned for. How would he react when her brother's menacing presence infiltrated the school? Would he cower away? Would he fight to stay as her friend? But wait...

She hadn't spoken to him since two days ago when he confessed that he...

Maybe it won't matter then. It won't matter whether she talked it out with him or not. Jungkook coming to school would make it impossible either way.

"Baby?"

Sooyun blinked and realized she was lost in her thoughts of fret. Her eyes met those of her worried brother. "I'm fine, Oppa."

He nodded and stroked her cheek some more. She shut her eyes and released a breath through her nose. What's going to happen now?

***

Kyung Mi watched as her cousin moped his way to school on Monday. Brow raised, she poked his arm. "Tae Oppa? Are you dead or something?"

"No, but I kind of wish I was."

She blinked in confusion before freaking out.

"Ah! Oppa look-...out..." She watched as Taehyung walked into a tree, knocking some snow off of a branch and onto his head. He gripped his head, "Ack!" He winced and sighed.

"What the heck..." She shook her head and grabbed his arm, pulling him back on the path. A whine quietly left his mouth as he trudged on.

"Oh, isn't that Sooyun Sunbae?"

"Sooyun-" Tae's head shot up and his eyes flew around searching. Happiness almost took over until he noticed the figure beside her. Their backs were to the two cousins, but it looked familiar.

Gaining courage, he sped up his walk and called out, "Sooyun!"

Jungkook and Sooyun turned around and she felt her heart collapse. She subtly shook her head. "Why Tae?" She whispered to herself. Jungkook tensed beside her, a growl slowly rising in his throat.