Chapter 6 - Marked

A week passed without Taehyung seeing even a glimpse of Sooyun. There was a part of him that wanted to go to her house and find her, but he didn't know where she lived. No one did.

It was Saturday night and Taehyung had nothing to do. He sat back in his desk chair and stretched, bones popping in the process. There were some messy sketches scattered on his desk. A vibration shook his desk a bit.

"Hoseok." He glanced at the contact and grinned lightly to himself for getting the prediction right.

"What's up, Hyung?" He answered the call.

"Yo, TaeTae! We're all going to hang out and cause some mischief probably. Come join us?"

No. That's what he wanted to say, but he didn't. In all honesty, Taehyung didn't feel like hanging out at the moment. But his lazy bones needed to get up and move around. He needed something to occupy himself.

"Sure, Hyung."

Taehyung sighed after hanging up and reluctantly searching his closet for something to wear. Picking a gray long-sleeved shirt and some faded, dark wash jeans, Taehyung changed and grabbed his thick coat from the edge of his bed.

A knock on his door sounded before Aunt Nabi stepped inside the room. "Going somewhere?"

"Yeah, out with some friends."

"That's fine, but it's cold out. Don't stay out too late please."

"Sure, Aunt Nabi. We'll be careful."

She nodded and walked out. Taehyung fixed his coat onto his body and grabbed his smartphone from the desk. Just in case one of those nosy twins tried snooping around his room, he hid the sketches on his desk in a locked drawer. Task done, he turned and switched the light off, leaving the room. 

***

Sooyun sat in the darkened living room with her slumbering brother's head in her lap. She gently ran her hands through his raven hair, earning a slight groan as he curled up into her. She giggled lovingly.

Her eyes traveled up and down his large figure. As they did so, Sooyun noticed his left hand. Careful not to disturb him, she reached for it, picking it up gently to observe it. Her heart swelled painfully as she caressed the mark on his hand. The drawn pattern of sharp swirls accented with small spikes poking out from the vine of scars. Finally, the two small holes in the middle.

He did this. The sharp fangs from his mouth pierced through his own flesh and swirled around. The same thing was on her neck. An intricate pattern of scars to signify that she could never belong to anyone else. The memory of the heart-wrenching moment replayed in her mind.

1 YEAR AGO

Jungkook broke down crying in the hospital room. It had been a few days since he rescued his sister from near death in the forest behind their home. She had left to go walk around only to be assaulted by a sexually-frustrated senior vampire.

She barely made it out alive when Jungkook heard her screams and took off at the speed of light to save her. He couldn't stop himself. He brutally killed the vampire, ripping at skin and snapping his neck. It took all he could to stop himself before he ripped off a limb.

Turning, he ran to his bloodied sister in horrible desperation. He held her, rocking back and forth as hot tears streamed from his eyes like a waterfall breaking through a dam.

"Sooyun...please...d-don't do this! Don't die on me...please! Sooyun! Sooyun!"

After she had been patched up at the hospital, Jungkook stayed with her for days. She didn't wake up until a few days later. When she did, Jungkook broke out in tears as he leaped on her and hugged her like it was the end of the world. The end of his world, which it almost was.