Chapter 12 - Closer

Sooyun had been feeling a lot happier in the past few weeks. She hadn't been causing much trouble, which soothed her brother. Still, there was something that bothered him. She had been coming home with a peculiar scent on her. It was familiar, something he had smelled before.

***

"Sooyun-ah!" Taehyung took off down the hall towards the said girl. She turned and looked up at him when he reached her.

"Uh," he scratched his head awkwardly. "It's supposed to snow again tonight." She nodded. "Yeah."

"Well, my friends were gonna go out and mess around tonight and just watch the snow fall. Will you join us?" He blinked and snapped. "Oh, Kyung Mi will be there, too. So, you won't be the only girl," he added.

"Sure."

She smiled at him. It sounded fun. Taehyung nodded and felt color rise in his cheeks. For some reason, he felt nervous to ask. It had been a few weeks since he began hanging out with the vampire girl. He should've gotten even more comfortable around her, but instead, he got more nervous.

"Ah, okay. Do you wanna walk back with me after school so we can go together? With Kyung Mi as well, of course."

"That's fine. I'll just let Jungkook know I'll be home late." Taehyung nodded before asking a question. It was something he was curious about.

"Has he...you know...been suspicious? I know you mentioned something about him being overprotective and I just-"

"Not exactly. I've been discreet on what I've been up to, but I can tell he's a bit skeptical. But, he said that I'm happy so it must be something good." Taehyung bit his lip and looked into her eyes.

"And...you are happy? You like to be with me?"

Sooyun parted her lips and looked away. Ba-dump! There it goes again. She hates that. She hates it so much. "Ah, sure. I've gotta go back to class. See you later, Taehyung."

She ran off, Taehyung releasing a sigh.

***

Jungkook heard a knock at the door. It was odd because no one even really knew the Jeons lived there. Still, he went to open it.

"Who is-" He looked down and saw a letter. Narrowed eyes, he picked it up and shut the door quickly. He stepped back and opened the letter in puzzlement.

"Who sends letters anymore?" He mumbled.

There was a small tube of red liquid—blood. Then, he read the letter. As his eyes traveled across the thin sheet of paper, his heart dropped. He read it again. And again. And again. The glass tube slipped out of his hand, shattering on the floor and unknown blood splattering around.

With a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach, Jeon Jungkook checked the seal on the envelope again. It was a crest. A dangerous crest.

"No...No, no, no..." He began to hyperventilate. He needed to find Sooyun. She needed to be here. She needed to know. He crumbled up the letter in his hand and growled involuntarily. Shit was about to hit the fan.

***

Yoongi played around with the lighter after the campfire was set up and burning brightly. Everyone sat around on the ground with snacks as Hoseok passed the beers around.

"Yugy-ah...Youngjae...Hyung..." He got to Kyung Mi who was sitting next to Yugyeom. Taehyung immediately shook his head.

"No way. Kyung Mi can drink her lemonade."