Chapter 18 - Finding

"Hobi-yah, are you sure you don't want to go to the doctor?"

"I'm sure, Mom. Please, just let me rest for a little while longer," Hoseok rolled over in his bed to face the wall. Mrs. Jung sighed and nodded, closing the door gently as she left.

He had been absent from school for a few days. On the outside, it seemed to just be an illness. But on the inside, he was suffering. Hoseok couldn't get the harsh words of Yoongi out of his head.

He knew he deserved it. But why did it hurt so much? How come those words hurt worse than the brutal beating he had received that same night? He chuckled to himself.

"Ahh~..."

He had really fallen hard. The guilt was weighing him so tremendously and Hoseok wasn't sure if he could hold it for much longer. It was just seconds away from crushing him if it really wanted to. But instead, the pain decided to torture him, let him feel the heartbreak a while longer.

There were over fifty missed calls and a plethora of text messages from his friends. But he ignored all of them. There was only one person he longed to hear from. Yoongi had yet to try and reach out. Hoseok took this as their official break up. Yoongi was done with him.

Regret and misery filled the air around him, the atmosphere thickening.

***

Taehyung exhaled as he stepped back and observed his work. He had a plan. It was risky and kind of stupid, but that had become his style since he moved.

With success, Taehyung had sketched a medium sized portrait of Jeon Sooyun on the side of a building. He would go out and buy the paint and supplies to finish the mural later tonight.

"Aish...What am I doing, really?"

He ruffled his hair and began to pack up his stuff. His phone was vibrating in his pocket. "Hello?" he answered once he had pulled it out.

"Taehyung, where are you?"

Aunt Nabi.

"Ah, I'm just out with a friend," he lied through his teeth.

"Well, hurry back. There's some family coming over for dinner."

He rolled his eyes and sighed, "Yeah, okay. I'm coming." Then the call ended. The brown eyes traveled back to the beginning of the Sooyun art piece. He'd just have to sneak out that night.

***

A knock. "Jungkook?"

Sooyun peeked her head into her brother's room. He was sleeping soundly. She exhaled and stepped in, making her way to the bed and peering into his face. She really was blessed to have such an attractive brother. If only he wasn't an overprotective psycho.

Eyes began to stare back at her. The sudden opening of his black eyes startled her and she stepped back. Jungkook reached out to grab her arm, pulling her down into the bed with him. She shrieked and fought to get away. But his hold on her was too tight. His strength would always beat hers.

"Let go, Jungkook!"

He just stared at her, peering deep into her purple orbs in silence. Sooyun glared back at him. Quietly, he let slip some words he had been thinking about. "Are you happy with me?" he whispered.

"Wh-What?"

"Do I make you happy? Am I enough for you?"

The younger stared into the eyes of her brother with a solemn feeling as his hand caressed her cheek. Fingers ran up her jawline and grazed her lips. An unexplainable emotion in both of their eyes.

Her | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें