Chapter 8 - Her Secret

"Sooyun!" He dashed over to her with relief flooding his veins.

Crouching down in front of her, his eyes scanned her body for any other injuries. She scowled at him. "Go away!" She growled.

"You're hurt! Why did you run away?"

"I said go away!" He shook his head as he patted up and down her arms to search for a hidden injury. She flinched with a hiss.

"BACK. OFF."

He looked her dead in the eyes with a certain dominance.

"No."

"Dumbass! Go awa-"

"NO." She shivered a bit from his tone. His voice seemed to have dropped a few octaves and his glare a bit deadlier than before. He grabbed her hands and pulled them away from her foot. "Let me see it."

She watched him in confusion as his eyes scanned over her injury with worry. "Fuck!" He glanced back into her eyes.

"It's like someone tried to rip your foot off. How did this happen?"

She shook her head and looked away. Taehyung squeezed her ankle and she hissed from the pain again. Her eyes started to glow red.

"Stop that." Taehyung's jaw dropped as he watched her eyes. Her eyes...the unusual icy purple was being tinted by a glowing angry red.

"Your...eyes...?"

She glanced at him in disinterest.

"And...your speed...and..." It was starting to click now. He didn't need to say it, but his brain was coming to a possible conclusion.

"Who was that guy in the woods? Did you...You killed him, right?"

"What if I did? Are you gonna hate me and leave? Will you finally back off?" She said with anger while staring into his face.

Taehyung looked down and shook his head. "He hurt you. He tried to..."

"Let's get you back. Your wound needs to be treated." But she shook her head with a firm gaze.

"I don't want to. Just leave me."

"You'll only get worse staying out here. Let me help you."

"I said no, Taehyung. Go back to school and live your perfect, worry-free life with your friends."

A chuckle. He chuckled at her. She watched him in confusion as he stood up. With a shake of his head, he smiled down at her gently. "My life is anything but that."

He turned and crouched down, his back facing her. "Get on. I'm not taking 'no' for an answer, so just give up now."

Sooyun scrunched up her face in pain. Her ankle was in really bad condition. She doesn't have a choice but to accept his...kindness?

With a sigh, she reluctantly forced herself up and latched onto his back before hopping up to wrap her arms around his neck. With a slight grunt, Taehyung stood up straight and adjusted his hold on her, gripping her thighs so she wouldn't fall off.

He turned his head back to her and smiled. "To school we go."

And they began their trek through the woods. It took a few minutes for Tae to remember where the school was and where he had come from. When it came across his mind, he used his not-so-great sense of direction.

Sooyun sighed before pointing. "School's that way."

"Oh. I knew that." He said with a goofy grin. She rolled her eyes and tightened her hold on him.