Chapter 24 - Daddy's Home

Sooyun was breathing heavily. Taehyung was rubbing her back trying to calm her down. Jungkook paced around the room in thought and Kyung Mi sat by the window.

"Jungkook, what do we do?" Sooyun swallowed. Jungkook shook his head and turned to her and Taehyung.

"Just relax for a bit. Jimin might be here, but he can't actually do anything yet. Not until his dad gets here, which I'm sure he's on his way." Taehyung held her arm in support as she slowly relaxed at her brother's words.

"How long would it take for him to get here exactly?" Tae asked. Jungkook swiped his tongue over his bottom lip. "At the most, I'd say a few days."

"We'll be back in school then. Would he actually attack there?"

Jungkook scoffed. "He'll attack anywhere and hurt whoever he has to. Park Jaemin is ruthless and selfish. We just have to make sure we get him away from the school or anywhere that could cause harm to innocents and those we care about."

Tae nodded and glanced up at Kyung Mi. "You're rather quiet, Kyung Mi." She blinked and turned around. "Ah, sorry. Just thinking about stuff," she caught Jungkook looking at her. She looked away and walked towards the door.

"You said we're fine until Jimin's dad arrives, yeah? Then I'm going to my room."

Jungkook looked down at the floor, his tongue poking his inner cheek.

***

"Is this really a good idea?"

"Sort of. We all need to gather together to set out all of the information. No more secrets. Plus, we're all kind of on Jimin's radar now, and he'll definitely tell his dad," Hoseok explained to Yoongi as they walked through the snow towards the meeting place.

Yoongi sighed and stuffed his hands into his coat pockets. Hoseok pointed, "There they are." Jungkook, Sooyun, Taehyung, and Kyung Mi stood near the base of the woods waiting for the other two.

"Hyung, I'm glad to see you've made up!" Taehyung exclaimed happily at seeing the two soulmates together. Yes, he was convinced that they were soulmates.

Hoseok grinned and did some small bro-shake with the younger. "He told me he loves me~!" Yoongi rolled his eyes. He would never live this confession down, will he?

Jungkook cleared his throat and glared at Hoseok. The other returned it in silence. Suddenly, softness took over the anger and Jungkook sighed. "Hey, Hyung."

Hoseok nodded. "Hey, Kookie." Sooyun watched them with hope and sorrow as the time had come for them to straighten out their differences. "I, uh..." Hoseok started.

"I know I let you done those years ago and I don't really deserve an apology-" Yoongi whacked him in the back of the head. "Ack-! Ah, scratch that. But I did go back for you. I was just a bit too late. But I never abandoned you, Kookie. You and Sooyun were always on my mind, I swear."

Jungkook stared in silence, collecting his thoughts. With a short nod, he finally answers, "I'm not mad. I mean, I'm mad, but not about that. You went back for us, I'm fine with that. But...why did you wait so long? Why didn't you tell your parents about us when you got adopted?"

"I...I just wanted an escape. I became selfish and tried to avoid associating myself with any other vampire kind. At the time, that included you. But the guilt was weighing heavy and I couldn't help it anymore. I had to go to you. I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner."

"...I forgive you," Jungkook slowly stated, coming to terms with the fact that the boy he thought of as an older brother would never leave them intentionally. Sooyun released a breath of relief and patted her brother's shoulder with a smile.