Chapter 19 - Jimin

Jungkook sighed as he watched his lovely sister run up to Kim Taehyung as he was walking to school. Taehyung grinned and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into his side for a short but loving hug. That was it then. He really did make her happy.

A warm feeling entered Jungkook's heart as he finally got to see a smile on Sooyun's face, the sparkle she had left behind had found its way home. Still, there was sorrow deep down. He wished that it was different. Why couldn't he be enough for her? All his life he had never cared for anyone more than her.

But she was unhappy like that. "Aish..."

"I'm proud of you."

He turned to look at Kyung Mi who had started to walk alongside him when he wasn't paying attention. He rolled his eyes away. "What do you have to be proud of, huh?"

Kyung Mi looked down with a smile.

"You let her go. To be honest, our conversation hadn't left my mind. I was worried that things would continue the way they were, that you'd ignore my advice. But you didn't. And now I can see them smiling again."

"You did a good thing," she looked up and met his black eyes. He continued to stare down at her, getting a bit lost in his thoughts.

"Hm...I guess so." She chuckled and looked away. Jungkook noticed how her cheeks grew a bit pink. Is it the cold?

"Thank you," he heard her mumble.

"What? Why are you saying thank you?"

"You saved me that time, from the rogues. I never thanked you for it, so I'm saying it now. Why? Was it awkward?" He shook his head, his hand waving it off.

"No, it's just weird for me. I'm not used to talking to others so casually. I haven't held a normal conversation with anyone but my sister in the last two years I think," he exhaled and turned to stare at the trees. Kyung Mi laughed at him, prompting his head to turn back with irritation.

"Don't laugh."

"I'm sorry, it's just...With statistics like that, how could you not realize how bad you were? How much you secluded yourself and Sooyun?" He thought about it. It was kind of strange, huh?

"It's abnormal to others, but I was so blind that I felt used to it."

"Hm. Well, you're opening up to me. A strange girl that's family with a guy you hate. You had no reason to save me either. Why is it so easy with me?"

"I-"

"Hey, you two! We're at school now!" He was cut off by Taehyung. He scowled at the older with spite. Kyung Mi looked around and nodded.

"He's right. Guess I'll go to class then. Bye, Sunbae." She ran off into the building, leaving Jungkook confused. Sooyun watched him curiously as he approached them. "When did you two get close? Is this why you let me go?" she gasped.

"No." Jungkook knocked her in the back of the head, causing a pout-like frown to form on her face.

"Seriously, what were you talking about with my cousin?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes and glared at him. "None of your concern, prick." Taehyung frowned and Jungkook made his way into the building. Sooyun and Taehyung exchanged a confused look.

***

Yoongi was wandering around at night. He couldn't sleep, which was really unusual for him. In fact, he hadn't been getting the best sleep for a while. He was too worried about Hoseok. It would've been simple to go and check on him, but his pride wouldn't let him do that.