Chapter 22 - Snowed In

Taehyung didn't know what to do. Sooyun was biting her lip so hard to keep from voicing the pain. Her neck was bleeding terribly. Freaking out, Taehyung took his shirt off and pressed it on the wound.

"Fuck! What do I do now?!"

Tears spilled from her eyes as the burning of her mark got worse. Taehyung was desperate. Remembering with a bit of hope, he grabbed his phone and dialed Kyung Mi's number.

"Hello? Kyung Mi?"

"Oppa?" she replied with confusion at the panic in his voice.

"Kyung Mi, is Jungkook still with you?!"

***

Her eyes widened at the urgency.

"Jungkook!" She got up from the floor and ran back up to the front where Jungkook was. He turned to her with alarm. "What's wrong?"

"It's Sooyun Unnie! Something's wrong!" She handed him her phone. Jungkook grew tense and snatched the phone.

"Hello?!"

"Jungkook, it's me. Sooyun is...I-I don't kn-know! Something's wrong with her! H-Her neck is-God, what do I do? She's in so much pain!"

Jungkook knew something was off. He looked down at his left hand as it burned. He had been feeling itchy for a while now.

"What did you do?" he demanded.

"I-W-We just-We were kissing and then she started crying. Her neck is bleeding really bad and the area of the mark is turning red. Jungkook, what do I do?!" Taehyung was crying and sobbing through the phone.

Jungkook growled with annoyance. Why would she do something so stupid when she knew the consequences? He glanced down at the vampire book and knew he had no choice.

"Okay, listen to me Taehyung. I need you to control the bleeding as much as you can. It won't stop until I get there, but just do the best you can. I'm on my way."

"B-But the storm!" Kyung Mi interjected. Jungkook shook his head, "There's no choice! If I don't go, the pain will only get worse and she'll bleed to death!"

She bit her lip and looked away with a perturbed expression. Jungkook turned his attention back to the phone.

"Do you hear me, Taehyung?"

"Y-Yeah, I got it. I'll try, just hurry. Please." He was desperate. Jungkook hung up the phone and sighed.

"We have to go." Kyung Mi nodded when the power suddenly went out, a sign that the storm has gotten progressively worse. She started to shake when a hand wrapped around hers.

She looked up into two glowing red eyes. She understood as she saw the worry and reassurance in them.

"I'm okay. Let's go save Unnie."

Jungkook squeezed her hand and turned towards the exit of the library. He carefully, yet hurriedly guided Kyung Mi outside. The snow and cold wind instantly attacked them as they stepped into the blizzard.

"HOW ARE WE GOING TO GET TO THE HOUSE?!" Kyung Mi had to yell for him to hear her.

Jungkook turned and crouched in front of her. "GET ON!"

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"

"JUST GET ON KYUNG MI!" With a groan, she bit her lip and hopped on his back. He made sure she was secure enough then began to run.

Kyung Mi gasped at his incredible speed, feeling the snow and wind hit her face ten times harder than before as each second passed. She held her breath and held on to his neck tightly, burying her face in his back with a small squeak.