Chapter Two

A large field burns bright with fire as the large army overlooks it. They are drenched in black armor eyeing the smoke rising from the field. The leader of the army, a solider on a black horse hears a voice speaking to him.

"You are to move upon the Crane land. I want no survivors."

The man in all black motions back yelling out as he raises his large sword into the air.

"Death to all who oppose the true throne!"

The large army behind him yells out in unison raising similar swords into the air following their leader.

"Death to all who oppose the true throne!"

The army rides forward towards a small town and the town's people look on seeing the large army advancing. A guard in a tower eyes the army making an advance on the town and yells out from the top of a large guard tower to the people below him.

"The dark death is upon us!"

The army stops at the foot of the town and the man drenched in all black holds up his sword as a Crane archer from the tower takes aim at him. The crane archer smiles as he takes aim at the man's body whispering to himself.

"What fools? Do not have shields!"

He lets go of his arrow and it flies towards the man hitting him but falls to the floor not doing the man in all black any harm. The archer comments looking over the man in all black from his position.

"What magic is this?"

The man in all black looks down at the arrow and holds up his sword as a wave of lightning strikes down onto the guard tower killing the archer who shot at him. The man points his blade forward as he screams into the air.

"All who oppose the true throne will die!"

The army rushes forward around him cutting down the crane soldiers one by one as the man in all black sits upon his horse watching the scene. He whispers to himself as he holds up his sword eyeing his army slaughtering the people of the town.

"My lord, every death will be our vengeance in your name!"

The man grips his head hearing the voice whispering to him.

"Bring me his head!"

The man in all black rides forward shoving his blade into a solder and eyes the man as the man pleads to him. The man is a small, cowardly solider barely looking able to grip his blade. His eyes are darkened and worn as he pleads to the man in all black.

"please, please have mercy on us"

He kicks the man and the man falls to the floor dead as he slowly rides his horse forward eyeing the dead crane soldiers around him. One of his soliders come up to him nodding as the man speaks to him firmly.

"Lord But, what will you have us do?"

He raises his sword pointing it towards the castle as he yells his command.

"We will burn this land in the name of the true king and we will bring him King Crane's head!"

The army cheers out as Lord Bution yells another command.

"Our vengeance will be swift!"

The army charges forward as Lord Bution follows behind them eyeing his men slaughter the Crane clan before his feet. They stop at the castle entrance and remain still as Lord Bution gets off his horse and walks forward eyeing the Castle gates. He looks back to his men as he nods his head.

"These fools think these gates can hold our forces at bay?"

Lord Bution holds up his large sword and closes his eyes as he feels the weakness of the crane clan and whispers.