Chapter SIx

Edmond stands there staring at the entrance thinking to himself and Alvis stands on the opposite end away from anyone staring at the wall. His hands shake as he wipes the tears and whispers.

"right to rule, right to rule..." He fixes his sleeve staring at the wall as he feels the tears roll down his face and feels them blotted as he stares to ruck who grins.

"Sir."

"Ruck?" Alvis shifts in place taking the handkerchief from Ruck and blotting his tears as Ruck nods to him

"nervous?"

"How is my sister?"

"the one you brutalized? ruck asks casually and Alvis's eyes shift.

"I had to ensure I had my place before this match. if Edmond bests me I still can claim my right. I protected the throne from being lost."

"at the cost of your sister's wellbeing?" Ruck asks and Alvis shifts in place taking in his brother's words.

"political moves have to be made in this monarchy no matter how horrible they have to be made Ruck. I did not take pleasure in any of it but I will make it up to her."

Alvis points out his finger to his brother and ruck asks

"those wounds won't heal Alvis. you have destroyed her" Ruck says lowering his voice as a guard walks by the two men and Alvis without answering raises his arm as he motions to his undone button. ruck stares it over in anger but reaches out fastening it. Alvis smiles and motions to his brother. 

"We all have our places in this family. You brother are met to shut up and serve and I, I am met to lead." Alvis steps forward and motions to his brother.  

"Edmond doesn't want this throne but he does want something from it." Ruck turns his head and Alvis questions.

"We have been friends for a long long time brother. if you plot for the Galvin throne which why wouldn't you? You are a Galvin after all."

"I..." Ruck stutters and Alvis glances back as he comments motioning to Ruck to step next to him. Ruck does as his master commands and stands there as Alvis comments.

"I hope for your sake whatever you are plotting fails or this monarchy is doomed.."

Alvis grips his hilt and Ruck stands still as Alvis whispers.

"but if you do succeed my friend and somehow you manage to pry this monarchy from its rightful rule well than I hope you will let me stay alive just long enough to watch you completely fail" Alvis reaches down fixing Ruck's sleeve for him and pats his brother on the back.

"good luck to you Ruck."

Alvis walks out into the large stadium taking in the cheers of the audience and stops in the middle pressing his foot into the dirt and glances up eyeing Edmond O'Sullivan walk out to meet him. Edmond stops inches away and Alvis nods up to the taller man.

"A lot taller than I remember."

"really?" Edmond asks smirking and Alvis nods up as he asks the O'Sullivan.

"So what is your play here Edmond, what do you really want?" 

"Perhaps we can discuss it after I take your throne" Edmond smirks and Alvis face shifts dropping his smirk as he states.

"I was raised a very respectful boy but Edmond we Galvins do not take kindly to people messing with our monarchy."

Alvis lowers his voice.

"We could settle this without swords. negotiations can be held-"

"Are you scared, Galvin?" Edmond asks with a smirk and Alvis shifts his eyes as he whispers.