Chapter Thirty-Two

Archibald stays on his horse overlooking the burnt down buildings and motions forward to his men as he commands.

"search each home I want to know who did this!"

His men walk around the burnt village searching for clues and he remains on his horse searching around him eyeing the destruction as he questions.

"Edmond?"

He hears a loud screeching and looks up eyeing the sky grow dark as he hears the voice.

"the monarch will be no more!"

A large bolt of lightning shoots down from the sky erupting a nearby field in fire and Archibald remains still hearing the loud screams in the distance. he watches his men scream out in pain and hears one of his higher-ranking men scream.

"to your horses, retreat!"

He feels a hand smack his arm.

"my lord retreat!"

Archibald remains still staring to the sky and hears his captain of the guard yell again.

"leave men, run to the mountains! Archibald!"

He feels his horse gilt forward and grips the reigns hearing the screaming in the distance as the horse gallops away faster from the growing fires. he stops on a mountain overlooking the burning fields and motions to his men commanding them.

"to the hills!"

Archibald pulls his reigns making his horse turn and it bares down picking up its speed but stops suddenly throwing him forward. he lands hard to the ground and hears a voice scream out.

"the dark death!"

He goes to grip his blade but stops himself looking up at the figure in all white armor and lays there frozen staring the man down. he makes his way forward slicing through the O'Sullivan guards one by one. Archibald brings out his blade standing tall awaiting the man but he is pulled back by his uncle who nods to him sating firmly.

"retreat."

Archibald stands still and his uncle yells to him.

"retreat Archer!"

his uncle runs forward commanding the guards with a scream.

"long live the king!"

the guards scream out together as Archibald is pulled up by one of his guards onto a horse and it takes off as his men scream out together.

"long live the king!"

the guards attack the white figure together as a group as Archibald uncle stays back watching the men commanding them.

"from all sides. we will die a warriors death today!"

the white figure slices through the men one by one as they scream out in agony and Archibald's uncle raises his sword smiling as he demands.

"You will not enter O'Sullivan land as is the word of the monarchy!"

He runs forward crossing blades with the man and holds it smiling as he demands.

"Leave this land!"

he pushes the white figure's sword to the side, but when he goes to jam his blade forward he is knocked back by a force, and lands to the floor in agony feeling his body paralyzed in place. the white figure walks forward towards Archibald's uncle who breaths out regaining some feeling in his limbs and eyes the tall man looking down at him. he gets a glimpse of the large dark G on the man's armor and questions.

"Galvin, but I wonder which one are you?"

The man in white armor looks down at the beaten O'Sullivan and demands.

"swear yourself to the true king, the only king and you may live."

the white figure raises his sword and the O'Sullivan stares up as he raises his hand pointing to the Galvin smiling to him.

"Galvin, I promise you one day soon you will die by an O'Sullivan blade. that is the promise, blood for blood, death for death, that is the way of the warrior. our revenge will be swift and our alliance will stand strong."

The man in all white armor keeps his blade raised as he demands.

"State your allegiance to the true king and you shall live."

The Galvin knight looks down angry at the O'Sullivan demanding again.

"state your allegiance!"

Instead, the man grabs the Galvin blade pulling it into his chest smiling as he stares down the white knight. he remains still on the Galvin golden blade but blinks still living as he coldly states.

"My allegiance is to my king and mine alone.  enter further and you declare war."

The Galvin white knight kicks the O'Sullivan off his blade and watches as the man lays dying. he stands tall pointing his blade as he smiles to himself and yells out.

"you will ally in death!"

the O'Sullivan's body shakes and the knight smiles as he demands.

"your body will be the first we use to wage our war."

the white knight looks on noticing the man's body shake and his eyes glow a bright white as the Galvin demands.

"rise!"

The O'Sullivan gets to his feet feeling no control and stands still as the other dead around him rise up as well standing still. The white knight looks all the men over and demands loudly as he stares the dead army down.

"pledge your allegiance to the one king!"

all of the dead raise their voice to the man answering his demand.

"We pledge ourselves to the true king Dorian Galvin!"

The white knight stares over the fields watching them burn as he demands, rising his golden sword to the army.

"burn this land, all of it to ash. it will lay as a statement of his power!"

The men run forward into the small villages taring through innocent people as the white knight watches and hears the screaming. he raises his golden blade commanding the army and watches the dead army set fires to the villages one by one. he stands upon the hill smiling to himself as he whispers.

"my lord let this be a testament of your power and it remains as a reminder to all who oppose your throne. my gift to you, my father and my clan. the monarchy will be yours again!"