Chapter Nine

"The dark death is sweeping across the land again. it is more vicious than ever-"

"I'm aware" Queen Galvin nods her head as the man in Galvin armor keeps his head bowed and talks to the floor.

"with respect, my lady. we should report this to the king-"

"he is busy and I am a Galvin."

"yes, but you are not the king." the soldier shifts his eyes and the other soldiers behind the man nod agreeing as the Queen looks over the men and states angered by the men.

"I am the Queen!" she yells it standing tall above the soldiers and she nods to them.

"I am also the only non-bastard Galvin in this whole monarch-"

"not true..." A voice raises and the young lady Glavin walks in eyeing her elder sister. the men in the room bow their heads deeply and the young Galvin princess motions to her elder sister.

"We do have the same mother sister and I thought it would be a good time to announce my, my decision." she shifts nervously and the queen stares her down.

"Decision on what?"

"my ceremony."

"yes, well that is held at the end of the week sister-"

"It won't be necessary. I have already chosen my husband."

"oh, and which lord will be gracing Galvin?"

the young lady Glavin motions back and the doors open as Alvis walks in wearing the full Galvin colors in the long navy blue robes. all the men in the room get to a knee and the Queen turns her head asking.

"Alvis?" he stops inches away from the queen and her eyes stay fix on the crown formally worn by Dorian and her blood runs cold thinking of her father. Alvis turns his head keeping the crown on and the queen asks.

"What is this?"

"Alvis will be my husband and is, therefore, the crown prince of Galvin....."  Alvis slowly takes off the crown placing it down on a finely placed pillow held by a peasant. He keeps his eyes fixated on it and shifts his eyes back to the queen showing her respect with a small bow as he speaks.

"my queen I felt Dorian's former crown would be a fitting choice as we both survived the torture" his eyes shift as he glances over all the soldier in the room down on a knee showing him respect. his lips cruel into a small smirk and he steps behind his future wife showing his respect for her as he speaks to the queen.

"I am simply doing my duty. to deny a Galvin bride would surely end badly for me-"

"it would." His younger sister states as she shifts her eyes and Alvis nods agreeing as he speaks to the queen.

"then I would never deny her Queen but I wanted to be sure you understood my position here and why-"

"I see." The queen states cutting the conversation short as she turns her head as she states coldly.

"I don't honestly wish to see your face, Alvis. your disgusting, vile and after what you did-"

"that is why I came before you, Queen." He bows his head showing his sister respect and states outright.

"I wish for permission to travel again as your hand, forever-"

"my hand?" The Queen asks sounding surprised and Alvis lifts his eyes speaking softly.

"We are Galvin we have to stay strong for this monarch, and of course for the other....investment" he states outright and the queen turns her head as she states.