Chapter Nine

Lady Mila stands on a balcony overlooking her families kingdom and hears a voice from behind her and eyes her sister come into view. She eyes her sister over and turns back enjoying the view of the kingdom and listens to her sister.

"Father has decided your ceremony will happen tomorrow. Many Lords will attend trying to impress you Mila."

Mila remains quiet staring over the kingdom and her sister laughs nudging her as she questions.

"which lords interest you?"

Her sister eyes over Mila who leans forward staring over the green field as she laughs.

"I can't say, sister"

Mila's elder sister leans on her as she whispers and she places her hand over her sister's kindly.

"Mila between us I once found Edmond O'Sullivan intriguing. He was such a gentleman and easy to talk to. It is almost unbelievable, what he did."

Mila stares over the growing grass and nods her head agreeing with her sister.

"Aye sister maybe it was the sword. The legends say the sword had odd power that it could corrupt the very man using it to his core."

Mila's sister Hannah looks over the field nodding her head agreeing as she remembers Edmond and smiles.

"I think so I never told you this but once I rode my horse out beyond the border and crossed into the mountains. I was so lost in my mind thinking of the tales. I had just 15 years than and had managed to slip away. My horse got spooked and threw me from it, I was injured but Edmond O'Sullivan found me."

Hannah pushes her hair back and laughs to herself.

"He was like the prince from the old tales so charming and handsome that I couldn't resist him. He took me back home and we made love on the grass in front of the castle"

Hannah motions down to the grass and points smiling remembering Edmond fondly.

"right there"

Mila eyes widen staring her sister down laughing as she looks at the spot on the grass and questions.

"he tainted you?"

Hannah laughs out covering her mouth as she whispers.

"Shh, sister it was barely a dent. Besides I thought he would be my husband one day, so I denied my ceremony and all offers. When we arrived at the castle I saw an opportunity and I asked Edmond to be my husband"

Mila looks over her sister sadly and Hannah shakes her head looking at the grass commenting.

"He said no."

Hannah wipes her eyes and stares at the spot of the grass that Edmond made love to her and laughs.

"He just saw an opportunity to make a fool of me. After all those times I believed his sweet words."

Mila grips Hannah's hand and Mila looks to her sister as her sister nods to her looking out at the Nolan Kingdom and comments.

"Archibald is like his brother Mila, he is charming, kind and now he is a king but sister you need to know the O'Sullivan men will disappoint you. They will promise you everything and then leave you with nothing."

Mila looks out at the nice grass and eyes the many carts and people making their way into the kingdom as Hannah questions.

"Choose well sister. I know for a fact father has not invited Archibald for the ceremony. So, make sure to keep your options open ad perhaps look to the crane clan he is just a few years older than you"