Chapter Thirty-One

Lady Bullard stands there eying Alvis and walks up to his side as she curtseys to him.

"Lord Galvin."

"Alvis." he nudges her and looks out at the view of the bombed and torn city and sighs to himself as she asks him.

"can you tell me more about my father?"

"General Bullard, you have to remember I was just a boy when I remember it but your father has his issues."

Lady Bullard asks sounding upset.

"What did he steal from the Galvins?"

"money, of course, everyone steals our money, greed is terrible but we all have it."

Alvis leans over the railing and motions out to the old city.

"wouldn't it be something if the old crane city was rebuilt? it could be the Galvin of the east."

"that would be amazing," she says staring down the good looking Galvin prince and he turns his head.

"it would help your situation I am sure."

"well could we, could we rebuild it?"

"easily." Alvis nods his head and she smiles as he turns to her.

"although that would mean you would need a friend, a Galvin friend."

she plays with her bracelets feeling worried and Alvis turns his head fixing her hair as he states.

"I could be a good Galvin friend to have Lady Bullard"

"what do you want Lord Alvis?" she asks sounding worried and he turns his head.

"come with me to the plateau. we can spend the month there discussing the rebuilding of the old cane city."

she crosses her arms and Alvis turns his head as he leans towards her.

"what would it hurt? you come to the plateau with me, have some fun, and if you come back and didn't enjoy your time you can surely send one of those boys a reply. clearly, their families are desperate to send them to this place."

Alvis motions to the run-down city and Lady Bullard sighs as she asks the prince.

"what, what would be expected of me?" she turns to face Alvis and he turns his head.

"think of it as a vacation with lots and lots of rich lords, and lots and lots of delicacies you can eat to your heart content my lady."

"if I say yes Alvis I want to ensure you will look out for me. I have heard what the Galvin Gala entails of a lady."

"you are a Galvin date my lady nothing bad will come to you." Alvis motions with his hand.

"you have my word."

**************************************************************************************

Lady Bullard stares out of the helicopter and whispers.

"I have never seen it before."

"well, this is the luxury of having a Galvin friend, my lady." Alvis presses his hand on her leg and she stares it down uncomfortably as he stares out the helicopter window and motions to her.

"When we land I will take you to the Galvin district. we have the best shops, clothing, everything in fashion and everything is on me, my lady"

"you don't have to do that."

"nonsense, it is a Galvin tradition to take your date on an outing."

the helicopter lands and two men in white suits nod there heads towards Alvis as he fixes his own suit and motions to the lady with him.

"This is lady Bullard my date to the Gala I want her treated as a Galvin." the two men nod their head and Alvis walks with her and motions to her

"They will take you to the shops and then we will meet up again at the Galvin tower."

Alvis walks off and Lady Bullard asks sounding scared.

"where is he going?"

"The Gala is surrounded by negotiating and deals most likely a meeting Lady Bullard" the woman nods to her and helps lady Bullard into a car. she stares out at the city lights as it gets darker and day turns to night. Lady Bullard hears the woman who flips through her tablet and stops showing lady Bullard a dress.

"it is french from a new designer out of Paris..."

"Paris?" the woman turns her head and asks.

"have you never been off the plateau before? I assume being a Galvin date you have been around the world, no?" the woman asks and lady Bullard shakes her head disagreeing.

"No, I, I mainly stay in the monarchy. I was not aware there was anywhere outside it."

"oh well, we have tons of dresses shipped from the very best. the Galvin world reconstruction project has been going quite well."

"world reconstruction?" Lady Ballard asks and the woman turns her head as she asks sounding unsure.

"do you not watch the news? they are rebuilding majors cities all over the world. people are calling the ruck monarchy the age of rebuilding.."

"I was not aware." she scratches her arm nervously and the woman nods her head.

"I am sure lord Alvis will fill you in. the reconstruction of cities is a huge Galvin project that Alvis is overseeing. he just got back from new york I am sure you have heard of new york?"

"yes.." lady Bullard laughs and stares out the window eyeing the Galvin estate and she turns her head.

"Alvis said I could go to the shops?"

"not necessary a Galvin does not wait in lines especially in Galvin district we have the designers come to you."

****************************************************************************************

Alvis fixes his clothes and stares out at the city hearing a voice and eyes Edmond as he nods to his elder brother.

"O'Sullivan so you did decide to come?"

"It is my duty as the firstborn." Edmond fixes his black suit and Alvis motions to it.

"not a white suit?"

"I have to protest somehow don't I?" Edmond motions and Alvis looks out at the city and hears Edmond.

"the council refuses to back the Ruck monarchy."

"was expected." Alvis nods his head and Edmond asks.

"do you still plan to back your brother?"

"I feel Ruck is misunderstood..." Alvis states playing with his Galvin ring.

"The council disagrees they wish me to try and spark a revolution."

"oh?" Alvis turns his head and motions to Edmond.

"I do not recommend listening to the council, Edmond. I have a strong feeling the council won't be around much longer."

"what do you mean?" Edmond states and Alvis fixes Edmond's suit for him as he whispers.

"the true king demands." Alvis whispers and Edmond asks.

"What is Ruck planning?"  

"This isn't a bad thing. reconstructing the world, expanding the monarchy, Ruck is calling it the great Galvin expansion" Alvis motions to his brother and recommends to him

"support your king Edmond as will I and as will everyone who wishes to survive this Gala."  

"What is he going to do?"

"do not worry Ed brothers are safe" Alvis pats Edmond on the arm and stares him down and lowers his voice whispering.

"don't touch the soup."