Chapter Twenty-Four

A woman stands looking through her camera roll cursing to herself as she hears a voice.

"O'Sullivan?"

She turns back motioning to the man.

"yeah I hear ya"

The man stares her down angry as he demands.

"girl, the boss wants to see you!"

She eyes the few pictures noticing the one of Archer O'Sullivan, and hears the man yell.

"now girl!"

The woman rolls her eyes and walks by the man as she comments.

"Alright, Shaw no need to yell I can hear ya just fine."

She walks by the man and notices the glares she is getting as she reaches a door that says president and knocks loudly on it. The voice yells out from inside the room.

"enter!"

The man at the desk looks up and the door shuts behind the woman as she stares the man down and he motions to a chair.

"sit."

The woman sits slowly into the chair looking around the office and eyeing the framed articles as the man begins speaking.

"Every day, every, single day. I get a report about you O'Sullivan. Going where you shouldn't, taking pictures you know you can't."

She interrupts him.

"freedom of the press is a right of the plateau."

The man shakes his head disagreeing.

"you know that is just words. your from one of the warden clans you know better then anyone what is true."

The woman nods her head as she comments.

"I had to go. A meeting of the eight, the eight, sir. I saw them too but then that AI-"

The man comments.

"Security AI's, ones created by the O'Sullivan corporation. They protect all the clan heads from enemies of the thrones. I don't know who you made angry, girl, but this press has been around far too long to be dismantled."

The woman looks to her boss as she comments.

"the AI said something though. he said the three rule strong-"

Her boss stops her waving off her words with his hand.

"I won't have you chasing blind words girl. You report on the stories we tell you or just quit now. You push too many buttons and your mind will be wiped and you'll be placed in the monarchy. You have it good here just do your job and don't rustle any feathers girl."

She thinks to herself for a second then looks back up to her boss and he shrugs his shoulders.

"don't give me that look Samina. You are the first O'Sullivan I have hired in a long, long time and I took a chance on you. just do your job and whatever it is do it right."

She takes a deep breath and he boss stares her down.

"do we understand?"

She nods her head as she answers him.

"aye, sir."

Samina gets up from her chair and her boss motions out. She walks out the door. However, she stops hearing two people talking.

"I can't bloody find him. I've been looking for two days now Edmond O'Sullivan is tucked away somewhere."

She stops by the door hearing the other man in the conversation reply.