Chapter Twenty

Lady Galvin buttons up her dress buttons as she asks sounding upset.

"what is wrong, Ruck?

"nothing-"

"something is. you couldn't stop bragging to Alvis about how you wanted to consummate this yet it has been a month and you still haven't."

she comes up to his side placing her hand on his shoulders rubbing them as she whispers.

"We need to cement your place, love-"

"they plot, all of them..." ruck shifts his eyes and whispers to his wife.

"every fucking Galvin plots on this throne!" Ruck raises his voice and ruck shakes his head.

"I use to think that father was mad but he was right. you turn your back for one second and they will kill you, slice you for their chance."

ruck fixes his hair and lady Galvin stares him down knowing he is going mad as she changes subjects and tries to use it to her advantage.

"even more reasons why we need to consummate it." she rubs his shoulders and sits him down in a chair as she kisses his neck.  she slowly reaches down and touches him as she whispers.

"We need to cement your place on that throne. so, no one can take it from you."

she leans her head down kissing his body and she hears ruck.

"you probably plot too, don't you?" she lifts her eyes to her husband stating.

"never you are my king, my husband, and I, your queen," she presses her head back to his lips kissing him and he looks around the room a bit paranoid expecting someone to come out of the shadows. he takes a deep breath and feels his wife kiss him but hears her sweet voice.

"We should get this done, Ruck-"

"king Galvin." he states and her eyes shift up to his with a girn.

"aye, King Galvin." he lets his head drop back relaxing as she whispers up.

"you need to relax ruck or you will become like Dorian. you need to trust me."

"well, Dorian wasn't wrong." Ruck states and his eyes shift down as his wife states outright.

"you need to ensure your line. even if Dorian was a madman he did ensure his line. He had Alvis, me, you, everyone else. he had a line and you need one ruck to cement your place as our king."

she runs her hand up Ruck's body and whispers.

"let me help you."

"Sophia." ruck states and the girl looks up at him as ruck nods to her.

"it's hard to trust you, to trust anyone." She nods to him kindly and whispers.

"I'm your Queen..." she slowly sits into his lap and looks into his eyes.

"it doesn't matter if you were a peasant, or if you served at Alvis's feet. you are the King now." she kisses his lips and whispers to him.

"We all serve you." she brushes some of his hair back and slowly brings her hands down undoing his pants as she whispers.

"now, do your duty..." she nods at him and whispers.

"make heirs." 

before ruck can reply the queen presses against him and whispers.

"It is time." she kisses him softly and he holds his wife close but hears a person clear their throat.

"sire..." he ignores the man and the peasant walks forward and speaks loudly.

"Ruck!" the peasant says casually and ruck lifts his head enraged

"What did you just call me?" ruck lifts his eyes and the peasant steps back defending himself.

"Sir, I." ruck holds his wife close and demands.

"leave me and my wife in peace."

"sir I would not interrupt unless it was urgent..."

"then what?" Ruck says sounding annoyed and his wife holds him close comforting him as he asks again.

"what do you want peasant?" he says the word with disdain and the peasant turns his head unsure ruck is the same man he once knew. he takes a deep breath and nods to the king.

"We got word from the plateau, the elders." ruck stares up to his wife who hugs him closely and Ruck breaths out.

"what did they say?"

"The wardens have been plotting behind your back."

"plotting?" ruck says gritting his teeth and his wife whispers.

"Ruck." he glares to her and he states outright.

"which wardens?"

"sire, all of them.

"how?"

"The elders told us that sire well that the wardens had voted on the proclamation and it in fact passed."

"it passed?" ruck says sounding unsure he heard the peasant right and the peasant afraid restates the answer.

"aye, sire the proclamation passed everyone voted yes."

"Alvis lied?" ruck states sounding upset and his wife kisses him as she whispers trying to calm him.

"shh, ruck shh ...." ruck turns his head staring the girl down as he asks her outright.

"were you aware of this lie?" she shakes her head and defends herself.

"no, no never. I would never lie to you, my husband."

"This is big." Ruck states and turns his head as he motions to the peasant 

"where is Alvis?" he asks sounding angry and his wife tries to calm him.

"my husband this can wait."

"no." ruck states sounding upset and stares his wife over.

"we will deal with this now. he lied to me, to his king!"  ruck yells out angry and his wife whispers kissing him softly.

"King Galvin you need to clam down. Alvis, he loves you."

"he lied to me!" ruck yells at his wife and she sits back on his lap as she nods.

"he probably just didn't want to bother you."

"you make excuses for him?" ruck yells at her and she shakes her head.

"no, but I feel you should talk to him. instead of acting on your rage. Alvis is a good friend to have." she softly kisses his lips and whispers.

"use that friendship to your advantage. it will only make you more powerful. don't let him know what you know."

ruck turns his head and his wife whispers to him.

"he has a soft tongue for his girls. send one of the peasants to him and he will sing to her." ruck turns his head and the queen nods to him

"trust me he always has loose lips for girls. send him to the right girl and he will tell her all his secrets."

"you're saying keep him alive so I can use him?"

the queen nods down kissing her husband as she whispers.

"you need someone on the inside and Alvis can provide everything you need."