Chapter Forty-Three

Alvis sits on his horse overlooking the free lands and hears a voice.

"my lord, are we really going to wage war on them again?"

"This isn't about a war. they overstepped and broke our treaty. we gave them 200 years of chances."

"yes, but war?"

"hardly war." Alvis lets out a laugh and a horse comes up beside him and he eyes the black armor asking Lord Cullen.

"you should wear Galvin armor to be safe."

"Alvis, may I speak to you?"

"go ahead I'm listening."

"my brother may not even be guilty."

"I am aware of that. the purge of the free lands was planned anyway. it would occur no matter what. although Edmond would have led the charge with the dark death things change. he got careless with it and it will take years to rebuild our forces.  so we use our own, defenseless nieve Glvin heretics who believe we are the one true kingdom of the monarchy."

"Is this a good idea?" Lord Cullen asks sounding worried.

"it is what needs to be done." Alvis motions back and few of the Galvin forces ride down and towards the border to the free lands. Alvis watches them disappear and hears Lord Cullen.

"will you leave any alive."

"they will be the bodies to rebuild the dark death, the fuel for the Galvin crusade" Lord Cullen lens forward towards Alvis and whisper.

"I know you aren't like us, your true form, whatever you may be but in your soul friend I know you care. you aren't so different than humans."

Alvis lifts his eyes and Lord Cullen leans to his friends.

"leave some alive at least the younger ones, think of what they can do spread the Galvin word of how lord Alvis Galvin spared them-"

Lord Cullen quiets down and Alvis motions to his friend and states firmly.

"we did spare them, many many times we spared them and then they attack our city-"

"they tried to take back what was theres. you studied their history you must understand they have pride, they endure and they won't give up-"

"they need to. I've seen it what the Galvins will do, the earth is not our first and will not be our last-"

Lord Cullen looks up hearing the screams as he eyes the fire radiate into the air and swallows hearing the screams erupt louder. Alvis licks his lips and lord Cullen continues to plead.

"please Alvis just leave some alive. you can make them slaves, treat them poorly but leave them alive." he goes to reach out and Alvis swats his hand away.

"They burned your city, Lord Cullen. they burned a Galvin gift to your clan this is just." Lord Cullen looks on eyeing the smoke gathers in the air and flinches hearing the loud jets and whispers.

"you using the jets?"

"an example has to be made in our king's name." Alvis motions back and a Galvin captain comes up and Alvis whispers and the captain nods his head and motions back.

"make camp here"

"we are not riding into the free lands?" 

"Galvin attacks are precise. first the assault then we give them time, let the  fires burn and make them wait, make them worry then when they get hope again we crush them." Alvis says with a smile and motions to Lord Cullen.

"I get that you sympathize with them Cullen your human after all. I do consider you a good friend, so some advice don't mess this up for your clan. do right by the Galvins"

Alvis rides down off to the side where lots of tents are being put up and stops outside one handing his horse reigns off to a younger boy who looks down and Alvis turns his head.

"nervous boy?"

"no, no lord Galvin" Alvis grins and walks into the tent and slowly undoes his armor placing it to the side. he stares down the nicely made up bed but hears the tent close and glances back eying his wife. she smirks to him and he eyes her over asking.

"Why are you here?"

"I wanted to see you before the chaos."

"it will be swift and simple like all Galvin victories."

"you shouldn't underestimate them. the Galvins always underestimated the planets they conquer."

"oh do we?" he licks his lips and lady Ashe nods up to her husband.

"of course you do. you are cocky,  advanced, and smart, but I do wonder what exactly you really look like?"

Alvis sits on the nearby bed and lady Ashe paces and wonders to herself as she asks.

"is it hideous? are your true forms that of monsters, green men, do you have claws? I know the Galvins are advanced. it is why you conquered so many planets so quickly-"

Alvis places up his hand and silences his wife as he asks her sounding sweet.

"you want to see what a real Galvin looks like?" he turns his head and she steps forward intrigued and speaks softly

"yes, I mean no history reports the Glvins as anything but beautiful men and women, rich, prestigious but I know enough of what you told me. the truth but yet I am your wife and I have never really seen you-"

Alvis slowly removes his shirt as he motions to his well-toned body.

"Is this a good view?" she laughs pushing him away as she states truthfully 

"you know what I mean. my father, he referred to the Galvin's as parasites."

Alvis joks with his wife 

"do I ook parasitic?"

"no, but-"

He kisses her deeply and he whispers to her

"you don't need to know about true forms, this is the form I have forever. this is who I am."

He pushes her back and kisses her deeply running his hand down her back and she feels him aggressively kiss her. she lays back and Alvis gets on top of her kissing her deeply as she holds him close.

***************************************************************

Lady Ashe rolls over in the bd and eyes Alvis running her eyes over his skin and body. she smiles and slowly reaches out eyeing the bracelet on his wrist. she takes a deep breath and eyes the small button, she reaches for it slowly pressing her finger to it. lady Ashe watches his form shift and change and rolls her eyes over him, his skin is battered and rotted with many scars and marks as if he has lived a thousand lives, his eyes are cold and dark,  void of life but yet she can't help but feel the yearning for him, an attraction to his darkness. she breaths in and reaches out touching his face but feels her skin burned by the touch. she stops and leans forward kissing his lips but feels her body sting as Alvis's eyes shoot up and he lunges on top of her feeling and sensing her intense want for hm.

*************************************************************************************

Lady Ashe stumbles out of the tent feeling the intense pain radiated through her body and Alvis comes out after fixing his nice hair and robe.  she turns towards him and he comes up to her side kissing her forehead.

"alright my wife?"

She feels the intense pain as he comes closer and he smiles as he kisses her forehead and whisper to her.

"sometimes curiosity should be left curious huh?"

"What is wrong with me Alvis?"

"Pregnancy most likely. it is very painful to carry a full-blooded Galvin to birth-" she feels the pain run up her spine and grips Alvis as he nods to her speaking the truth.

"I did warn you to be careful Samantha."